Graphic Tablet help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aarron22, Nov 11, 2006.

1. aarron22 macrumors newbie

hey, I am considering purchasing a graphics tablet for my Macbook Pro, but am not sure which is best.

I mainly want to use it to draw in Photoshop CS2, use for shading etc, I have looked at a few Wacom tablets on their website but do not have alot of money to spend.

Can anyone help? I would appreciate any feedback.

Aarron

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I'd recommend Wacom.

If you don't need tilt, or the super-high res of the Intuos, the Graphire's are very nice. Same battery-less pen and mouse. (haven't checked the new Graphire's for tilt, but I'm assuming they still don't support it)

3. aarron22 thread starter macrumors newbie

will the graphire work in Photoshop and Illustrator?

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

5. aarron22 thread starter macrumors newbie

is Intuos the best for what I want to do? Much better than graphire?

thanks for your help

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

As you've seen, there's a big price difference. If you use brushes or pens that would benefit from tilt, then you'll have to spring for the Intuos.

I think the resolution difference will be less noticable, but I haven't much personal experience with the Graphire. (I have a few year old Intuos 4x5)

7. whawhat macrumors 6502

i would def. recommend wacom. i currently use intuos (after using a graphire for a couple years) and they are excellent (a big plus is the wireless/battery free mouse)

enjoy

8. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

The Intuos ones have twice as much sensitivity than the Graphire ones. I'd highly recommend springing for an Intuos if you're serious about whatever you're doing.

9. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I currently own one of each and prefer the Intuos personally. For light use the Graphire works just fine. Wacom is the way to go regardless of which one you choose.

The Graphire has 512 levels of pressure sensitivity vs 1024 levels pressure sensitivity/tilt sensitivity on the Intuos.

10. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug