Graphic Tablet - how to select???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Garand, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Garand macrumors member

Jun 5, 2006
    My wife uses Photoshop CS2, Illustrator, and Quark 7.0 for her home business. She runs on a dual 2.5 G5 (2004), running 10.4.7, airport express, Radeon x800st card, 2.5 GB RAM on a 20" widescreen, and she can ouput to 2 printers (cant remember the models)

She has had her eyes on a graphic tablet - I guess thats what you call them - for some time but she has not purchased one as of yet. I wanted to get her one as a birthday gift. What should I be looking at to ensure I am getting a good piece of hardware that will run with her system and with the programs she is using. I would like to narrow down the list of candidates a bit so hopefully she can try them out to make sure she likes them. I am not sure how much these cost but lets figure a budget of $500 for now.

2. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2005
    Behind the lens
    Of course only for Wacom graphic tablets.

There are two markets:

Intuos - pro
    Graphire - you n me

If you need serious precise control and use a tablet all day, go Intuos.

If you just need a tablet for precise work, whether all day or a little bit, go Graphire.

Im sure if you search a bit youll find more threads.
  3. ipacmm macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    I use the Wacom Intuos3 and it does everything I want. I would check out wacom's web site and see which tablet that fits your needs.