Graphical corruption in iTunes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by XP Defector, Dec 9, 2006.

1. XP Defector macrumors 6502

10.4.8, 7.0.2 of OSX and iTunes respectively. Operating on a CoreDuo MacBook.

The problem is that in iTunes, the 'Album, Name, Song' etc tabs corrupt, making it look quite strange and messy. Does anyone else experience this? I thought Apple would have fixed this with 7.0.2, though apparently not.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Screenshot. Repair permissions. Reinstall iTunes.

3. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

It happens infrequently, right? Like just out of the blue you'll open up iTunes and there it is? That happens to me sometimes on my iMac and mini too.

The text turns into a big pixelated black splotch and looks normal again when iTunes is restarted. The program remains functional, its annoying and ugly more than aything.

4. PSUchris macrumors newbie

I'm having a similar problem.

Happens every so often.

Looks something like...

[​IMG]

5. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

I've noticed sometimes that if I simply resize the library window, it will go away. This only works if you have the album art view on the top, so you can change how big the display is.

6. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

mine does the exact same thing...seems to happen after I've watched iTunes tv content streamed from another Mac on my network in FrontRow.

7. XP Defector thread starter macrumors 6502

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

9. frogfroggy macrumors member

Also had the same "problem" but it doesnt really annoy me at all, for I know every song ^^. I use Growl :p so I dont have to look it up on iTunes ;)

10. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Happens to me too with 7.0.2, exactly like that. If I can make the columns refresh somehow, like switching the view from List to CoverFlow and back, it's fine.

11. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

I've been having this problem since version 6. Opening CoverFlow fixes the problem, but I whish it didn't happen in the first place.

7.0.3 anyone?

12. Brize macrumors 6502a

Brize

I've experienced this as well, but not so much lately. I usually quit and re-open iTunes to solve the problem.