Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ruffknuckles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
NYC
Last week my monitor (an old Princeton EO90 CRT) started getting static and within a few minutes the machine would freeze up, I had been using this machine (G4 Dual 1GHz mirror) with this monitor for six months with no problems. When I start the machine up from an install cd it would work fine. Then I hooked the machine up to a different monitor and it froze up. So I pulled the graphics card (ATI Radeon 9000) and replaced it with an older one (XCLAIM VR Rage 128 Pro Pci) and the machine works fine (with my Princeton monitor). To test the Radeon 9000 card I put it in a different machine and it worked fine. That leads me to believe that the card is not the problem and the monitor is not the problem. The only combination that seems to be a problem is the original card (ATI Radeon 9000) in my machine. Any thoughts on this?
confusedknuckles

TDM21

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Could be a driver problem. I say go to ati and download the new drivers. Its worth a shot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.