Graphics Converter Icons?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Muzukun, May 26, 2005.

1. Muzukun macrumors regular

Hey, I was using graphics converter to go through a few pictures, and graphics converter went and redid Finder's thumbnails of the images so now their these crappy low res POSs... how do I get finder to go back to the original high res thumbnails and stop graphics converter from doing this in the future? Thanks!

Muz

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

You'll want to take a look in the GraphicConverter preferences, in the Save section.

Under General, you can turn off the custom icon and preview altogether. As a (possibly better) alternative, you can turn on the higher resolution icons and thumbnails in the Custom Icon section.

3. Muzukun thread starter macrumors regular

will the changes apply to my current line of thumbnails however? How do I change those back to the original Finder generated icons?

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

i'm not sure about going back, but if you enable the big thumbnails as above, open up those images in, the GC browser, then control-click and pick "Create preview", the previews will be as good as new.

If you want to remove the stuff altogether, you can use "Remove Resource Fork" from the Convert and Modify (under file menu) dialog. This will cause the Finder to generate thumbnails from scratch, but you'll also have generic image icons.

You can then use the "Create Icon/Preview" option in the same place to regenerate the custom icons, if you like (but as above, first set the GC preferences so that only icons and not previews are created).