graphics print with a cream-colored background

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rired, Mar 30, 2004.

1. rired macrumors newbie

Mar 30, 2004
    rhode island
    I'm new to this forum. You all really sound extremely knowledgeable, so I hope you can solve an annoying problem.

When I print documents that contain graphics, in particular those with a white background (e.g. our logo, a cartoon that was scanned and saved as a jpeg; but not MS clipart) from Word X, PowerPoint X and Excel X, and pdf files from Adobe Acrobat 5.0, the area around the graphics in the Office docs and the entire page area of the PDF file print with a cream-colored background. The same graphics print without the colored background in PageMaker 7.0 and Photoshop 7.0.

The problem started after I upgraded from a Mac G3 with OS 8.1 to a PowerMac G4 Dual 1.25 GHz and OS 10.2.8. I'm using the same printer as before, an HP LaserJet 4550n.

The problem seems to be related to Office X and Adobe Acrobat Reader, but I can't find a solution. Our PC users do not share this problem.

Thanks for any suggestions. :)
  2. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    You'll need to open the .jpg logo scan in Photoshop and remove the background. When you scanned the document the paper took a pinkish hue. You'll need to either do a extract filter or use an eraser to rid yourself of the background (I suggest extract). Save as a .PNG with transparencies and you'll be set. If you don't have Photoshop someone on the board might be able to help you.