Graphite iBook G3 for $250 Canadian?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Mammoth, May 13, 2006.

1. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Ok, so my friend and I stopped by a pawn shop and looked around and saw an iBook G3. I looked at it and it was perfect condition besides some scuff marks on the screen bezel, and had 128MB of RAM (2x 64MB). The battery lasted about half an hour and it had the yo-yo adapter. I'm curious if it's a good deal because I am VERY low on funds (I'm 13..) and I like the 'sentimental value' it has. What's your take? (I didn't buy it :( )
    EDIT: I think it's this

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Yeah, that's not bad at CAN$250, as long as it works and comes with the OS9 cds. You can get a new battery but that will bump the price up.
    I wouldn't attempt OSX on it, myself. You can take it up to 576 Mb RAM by removing the 64 from the single SODIMM socket and installing a 512 Mb PC100 SODIMM.

3. Mammoth thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

4. Mernak macrumors 6502

nice, 10.2(i think that was jaguar). what does it include?(cds, manuals, etc)

EDIT: you might also want to post a WTB in the marketplace with a maximum amount you are willing to pay and see if anything comes up.

5. Mammoth thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

I don't know what manuals and CD's came with it, none were on display. This was the only toilet seat iBook that had a DVD drive? And is there any way to clean off the scuff marks?

6. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

He can't post in the Marketplace because he is not a regular (100 posts).

7. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

8. Mammoth thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mammoth