Graphmatica equivalent

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jakaj, Nov 11, 2006.

1. jakaj macrumors member

Hey,

does anyone know a good Graphmatica equivalent for OS X? I've tried geoMac and EdenGraph, but like neither of those.

EdenGraph can't plot multiple curves at the same time, and while dragging, the curves disappear, while with geoMac I have to manually specify the range when drawing a graph of the function, and I don't know how to get the coordinate of a point on the graph.

Jaka

2. macman2790 macrumors 6502a

macman2790

how about mathematica. don't know anything about it but it's popular. google it and check it out.

3. jakaj thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I have and I use Mathematica, though I'm really not that experienced in it, and drawing graphs of functions was much simpler in Graphmatica :rolleyes:

4. Am3822 macrumors 6502

Am3822

What sort of plots are you after? I haven't used graphmatic, but basic plotting (2D/3D) in Mathematica is not that complicated. Mind you, getting the `fiddly bits' right takes some effort.

If you're plotting from numerical data, then I suggest that you use Matlab/Octave.

5. jakaj thread starter macrumors member

I'm plotting functions, not graphs based on any imported values.

You're probably right, I'll take a better look at plotting graphs in Mathematica, that way I can, at least, use the same tool for all my (current) Mathematical needs.

6. jakaj thread starter macrumors member

Heh, who would have thought: /Applications/Utilities/Grapher.app

7. lotus379 macrumors newbie

thanks!

8. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer