Graw2 = Amazing

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Mar 7, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Got my copy of G.R.A.W 2 today for the Xbox 360. (free too which is always nice, thanks Ubisoft)

Already been playing with a few of my clan members and have to report so far it's excellent.

Everything about the first game has been improved which is saying somthing because the first game was amazing too.

If you enjoyed the first, or R6: Vegas - check it out

edit..... just seen IGN have posted a review too

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/771/771024p1.html

2. LastLine macrumors 65816

Hm? How bigs your clan and do you fancy a rumble sometime :) You're on GMT aren't you?

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

There's about 100 clan members but maybe only 50 'active full clan members' in the clan. www.celticsnipers.com - if you post an invitation to a match on our forum we'll be able to sort out a rumble with any other clan :)

Were officially sponsored by Ubisoft, so if we lose it will be a tad embarrasing :D

4. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

MRU: I too have GRAW 2. :) You should hit me up sometime for a game.

5. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Will do mate. I'm sending you a friends request :) (scrapland)

6. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

7. darkwing macrumors 65816

MRU has friends in deep places. ;)

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Sounds cool...I'll get it. So MRU will I actually give me a chance to wipe the floor with you in multiplayer?:p

Mackilroy....I'll catch up to you again.

Bless

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I could not agree more. This game is unbelievable.

10. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Sure thing. My Xbox isn't on at the moment, though I'm powering it on now. :)

11. ninewhereman macrumors member

Loved the first GRAW on XBOX. I was planning on waiting for halo 3 to pick up a 360, but I may not wait anymore just because of this title.

12. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Shame. It looks nice, but the game play in GRAW never really did it for me (same as Rainbow 6) no well, *Shrugs*

13. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Our Clan is sponsored by Ubisoft = freebies

As the winner of the G.R.A.W tournament we had a while back - I was then one of the 'chosen' ones for the free copy of GRAW 2 :)

It's the one FPS which I'm actually good at, general fragging style games online I'm pretty lame at.

14. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

I enjoy it of course -- took me a while to warm to the first GRAW. I spent about 8 hours playing yesterday. Went nearly 2/3 through the campaign, and then played online with some friends.

But it feels like GRAW 1.5 to me. I really wish they'd allow us to use the cover system in multiplayer.

15. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep it definetly is more of a refinement than a true sequel.

Maybe they should have just given it a sub title rather than an actual number change.

Everything is almost perfect except like you say the cover system in multiplayer.

At least this time they go the multiplayer graphics looking as stella as the single player campaign, that would have been my biggest complaint with the last game.

16. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Awww still no cover in mp? Dang. I thought it was a shoe-in considering its in R6:V.

After playing the demo it does definitely feel like a 1.5 veriosn, but I thought the original was awesome, so I'm chomping at the bit before it drops through my letter box tomorrow!

17. achie25 macrumors 6502

How does this game compare to Ranbow 6 Las Vegas?

I have not played GRAW before. Hopefully these have better endings than Vegas did.

18. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Not a great ending, but thankfully not making it into a "Part 1" of a series. There will be more GRAW's for sure.
    I think that GRAW2 and RS:V are on a par, it depends whether you want wide open spaces or the confines of room-to-room warfare. Having both is no bad thing...

Anyone else think that the single player seemed to be quite short? Either that or my GRAW abilities are just better/more experienced than when I fired up the original GRAW for the first time....

19. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Gamespot just had a review of GRAW 2 and thats one of the first things they said was that the campaign was insanely short, but the game made up for it with the multiplayer.

20. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

About 8 hours ? Is that inasnely short ? Seems about right for an action shooter.

21. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Definitely took me less time than that to complete. It may be a different story on realistic though, which is what I'll be trying next as I still can't get my 360 and new Netgeat DG834N to play nice :mad:

I did like the new weapons, and the ability to swap out the handgun in favour of a submachine gun - particularly one that is silenced. A shame you couldn't modify them like in RSV - a MP5 SD or Cx4 Storm with a scope would have been an excellent addition to my kit...

22. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

I wasn't impressed either with how short the campaign was. In fact when I posted above that I was 2/3 of the way through... apparently I was actually 99% through because I loaded the game last night from my last checkpoint and after 15 minutes I had beaten it -- I was on the last scenario and didn't even know it.

Yes, the campaign is very short. But the replay value is in the online play.

23. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Your all finishing games way before me :eek: Damn I must not be playing enough :)

24. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Im pretty sure the guys at gamespot said they finished it in like 4 hours or so. Thats a little too quick for me, but the way I look at it is that GRAW was the long campaign/short multiplayer, and GRAW 2 is the reverse of that.

is it just me or are there only 4 multiplayer boards on GRAW? I havent played it in a while, but the last time I did, I remember there not being much in the way of locations to choose from and no online co-op for the campaign. (I was pretty bummed about that)

25. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I don't like the path they are taking with ghost recon. Where are the tactics, this is just running from one checkpoint ot the next. They need to go back to what ghost recons 1 and 2 on the original xbox had. I would like my preplanning phase back. I do, however, like the fact they added the ability to pick your squad again. I am not saying I won't play this but I have from gamefly and at best it will be an extended rent for me.

On a side note WTF ubisoft delaying brothers in arms hells higway to fall 07??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!??!I want to shoot nazis and refuse to play this bs that is known as callodooty. I thought 2 was a peice of crap. in fact my poo this morning was held better together.