Great app idea, please make!!! lol

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by speakerwizard, Nov 10, 2006.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i was thinking today, i can use macdrive to access my osx partition from windows right! well, why doesnt somebody write an app that lets itunes on my windows partition, connect to my library on my osx partition, how great would that be?!?!?!, we all know how easy it is to share librarys wirelessly etc, there must be a way, even if it meant authorizing itumes store music (which i dont have much of)

whos with me here!?!?! stand up and be counted! lol

(also somebody should make tuner software so i can use my eyetv hybrid whilst in windows, or does this exsist?)

2. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

3. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

why thank you! i only wish i could programme haha

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

couldn't you put your music on an external drive and then use it in either windows or OS X? the only problem i could see with this is that playcounts wouldn't be the same due to the storage of the library file....

5. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

hhmm, i didnt think of that, may have to give it a go, though not everybody has an external, i still think an app of that nature would sell. ill still try the external idea though it wouldnt be a permanent settup as i need it as a back up

6. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Send an email to Apple and tell them about it:)

7. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i think i may just put in in the apple suggestion box lol

8. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I raised this a while ago. The library file format is compatible but there has to be a reassignment of the storage location in the library file due to the differences between addressing storage on Win and Mac. If you copy the library files between Win and Mac (and assuming you have the library pointer to the correct places) it takes quite a long time to reassign the locations, although it happens automatically.

The faster way (tracking changes in the library only and syncing them) would be trickier to code. Perhaps it's better suggested to Apple as part of Boot Camp.

9. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

hi ho hi ho, its off to apple my idea will go. . . de de dum de de . . .

10. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

11. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

wouldn't windows would just have be able to mount a drive using Apple HFS file system? Once Windows mounts the file system you could just point itunes the music right?

Kinda of like this software does? ;)
    http://www.media4.com/products/macdrive6/

12. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

ok, so i have suggested the idea to apple, so wavered my right to any % of sales on that one lol, though i dont care, it would be such a nice feature, and incredibly useful :) come on apple get it into bootcamp in leopard ;)