GREAT commerical we wont see due to oversensitive people!

Discussion in 'Community' started by mgargan1, Feb 2, 2005.

1. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Hahahahaha! That's awesome! They seriously wouldn't air it?? sheesh, some people :rolleyes:

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

That's HILARIOUS!!

It would be awesome if that aired just before this year's halftime show!

4. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's damn funny - but if we're not going to see it, who had it made?

D

6. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

They (Budweiser, Anheuser-Busch) did. The ad was censored by the network after they had already produced it... advertisers have to create their ads and then get approval from the network. Fox said no to this one, and to the one where we would have gotten to see Mickey Rooney's ass.

Seconds later, after my sight returns, I click "Submit Reply". :)

7. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I think that the link is broken.

Not Found
    The requested URL /****/budweiser_wardrobe_malfunction.mov was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.26 Server at hlsux.bugdave.com Port 80

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

You have to replace the **** with the aforementioned dirty word. (Starts with an "s", ends with "hit".)

The "*" is sometimes referred to as a "Nathan Hale" because it was Mr. Hale who famously said "I regret that I have but one ass to risk for my country." :)

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hmmm...I found this funnier than I thought I would. True.

I bet the particular kind of sensitivity is Fox being sensitive to the kind of bad press and sanctions dished out for the original event.... :(

11. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

Here are some mirrors..

Enjoy [​IMG]

12. takao macrumors 68040

takao

13. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

That's pretty good but can somebody please explain to me why it's not allowed to be aired?

14. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

The ad proposes an explanation for why Janet Jackson had her "wardrobe malfunction" (i.e., her costume came open and her right breast was briefly exposed on the most widely viewed TV broadcast in the world) during last year's Super Bowl. The scandal of this has been so great that there has been a backlash against "indecency" on TV in the US, particularly during family-oriented programming such as the Super Bowl. So, even a funny ad that pokes fun at the incident is out of bounds... at least, this year.

15. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Very funny - I was at the Super Bowl last year and I don't think anyone in the audience spotted the malfunction.

We came out sure that if people weren't talking about the game, they'd be talking about the streaker :eek: at the start of the second half - but no!

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The commercials made cater to oversensitive Americans.

The rest of the world would, once again, laugh it off.

I heard on the news that over 500 million phone calls were made to Fox over the incident last year. I think that number seems a bit high myself, but hey, that's what I heard.

17. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

We definitely saw the incident here at my house... we were watching the game on a 50" Runco plasma with HD cable box, and all of us did a double-take and said, "Holy crap, was that what I thought it was?"

They didn't air the streaker on TV... they were prepared for that and decided not to give any airtime at all to anyone trying to pull a stunt like that. Kinda hard to keep the camera off the headline entertainer, though. :rolleyes:

Oh, and the game was on CBS last year, not Fox.

18. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I understood the Janet reference but am still a little shocked that the ad is deemed as indecent, I mean it's not like it's this ad!

19. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Well, considering the population of the United States is only ~290 million and that only ~145 million watch the superbowl, I highly doubt this number is accurate. It wasn't that big a deal, it's just that the people who thought it was made a lot of noise.

20. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Well, that ad was fake. The Bud Light ad, while not offensive, reminds viewers of what happened last year. Fox is pretty intent on not allowing that to happen... they want a nice, orderly Super Bowl this year with no scandals.

21. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

i say who cares.... its funny as hell.

22. mgargan1 thread starter macrumors 65816

mgargan1

as do I, things are only a big deal if we make it a big deal. As Americans, we're very uptight about nudity and sex... it's taboo. As for most of the world, it's something that is not that big a deal. If a radio DJ says a bad word across the pond, I'm sure that the government of that country wont fine them. It just a problem in America, because we have a lot of conservatives who want to make it a big deal.

23. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

yeah people in america get to picky. So what if its a bad word. Its a WORD! Not like someone is forcing you to listen to it.

I think people just need to relax.

24. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Will cheerleaders be wearing something more than bikini underwear under their extra-mini-skirts this year? Will the cameramen (as usual) get some nice close-up shots of that tiny piece of fabric over the beaver? Cheerleader tops stop real close to where a nipple shield covers, but it's OK since the bottom of the breast is covered? Or is that sexuality OK with people? Will we be seeing impotence drug commercials? Scantily clad women in alcohol commercials?