Great Customer Service from Mac Case

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zelmo, Aug 12, 2006.

1. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

In early June, I ordered on of these for my daughters BlacBook [thanks jsw]. As the BlacBook was new, they did not have the correct sleeve in stock. Instead, they sent the sling case with a sleeve for the 14" iBook, with a note to keep the iBook sleeve when the correct one was shipped. Excellent. I can use it for my wife's Vaio laptop.
    Anyway, I was supposed to get a shipping notification in late July, but that didn't happen. This past Wednesday, I emailed MacCase to inquire after a ship date. It was about 9.30p EST, making it 6.30 Pacific, so they were closed for business.
    I got a call at work the next morning around 10.00a (7 Pac), with an apology for the delay. I was told they were expecting their shipment in that day, and that they would be sure to ship mine out promptly.
    I got a subsequent call later on to confirm that I wanted the black sleeve, then a final call with my DHL tracking number.

Yes, they were a couple of weeks late getting the product shipped, but this level of personal attention is astounding.

If you need a case, buy from these folks.

2. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

Meant to follow up on this last week when the new sleeve arrived.

Arrived Monday as expected, but there was a surprise inside the box...a second sling bag. Alas, it seemed pretty clear that the person who packed the order had merely read the original order and not the handwritten note that stated the sling had already shipped.
    I debated keeping it for a minute or two, then I called them to let them know. They were very appreciative, but not to the point of telling me to just keep it as a thank you for my honesty. They sent DHL out a few days later to retrieve it.

Of course, now that I almost had one of my own I desperately want one, and have since found it on Amazon for $35. It's in my cart...