Great deal on Powerbooks at Amazon (Expiring 07-26-05)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Superhob, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Superhob macrumors regular

For anyone that's interested in buying a powerbook, here's a pretty good deal from Amazon. They are currently offering two $150 rebates on some powerbooks, meaning you save $300 total.

For example, a 12inch PB comes out to 1199.99 after rebates. And, since Amazon doesn't charge sales tax plus free shipping, this comes out to be a great deal. Here's a link to the 12inch pb page.

Note: the rebates expire on July 26th, but according to the rebate rules, the order just has to be placed before the 26th.

2. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

So, that means that we can't wait untill Tuesday to see updates and then decide to buy. Bummer.

3. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Yeah you can. You have to order by the end of Tuesday to receive the rebate.

4. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

This is another Amazon mistake. Yes, Amazon has excellent deals (I love Amazon), but all of their computer rebates are messed up today. They are adding together the current rebate and the one that starts in a few days. If you examine the rebates, you will see the one says, if you buy the Powerbook after July 27 or something, while the other one says buy it by July 26, each are $150. You're only going to get a $150 rebate.

They also have Sony rebates listed doubled, iMacs, etc. It is a big mess, and they are going to have some mad people on their hands.

5. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

Good catch. I was all excited about this. Amazon's going to have a lot of complaints on their hands if people don't read the rebate rules.

The first ends on 7/26 and the second starts on 7/27. So it's basically an extension of the promo.

Bummer. :(

6. Superhob thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for catching that. I guess I got a little careless and I didn't read the second rebate form.

7. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

You could probably still manage to get the rebate. Buy it your new powerbook comes in only a 150 dollar rebate comes with it. Call amazon raise holy hell and I think you could still get this discount it would just take a spot more work :D

8. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

Would I be able to buy the Powerbook and still recieve the free iPod mini or does it have to be bought from the Apple Store?

9. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

I believe Amazon does this on purpose just to get extra sales. They're off the hook because of the dates on the rebates, that most people don't read until it's to late. Amazon can blame it on a computer error. Seems all to easy and this has happened before. Anyway that's just my 2¢ on this problem there.

10. Koree macrumors 6502

Has to be bought from apple, or your campus.

edited cuz im an idiot and didn't upload image right.

edited again cuz im an idiot^2 and didn't upload image right.

Attached Files: