Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Not doing anything, then dock relaunches. When I exposé after this, the shade is blue. I remember it being grey(?) I guess I can live with it, but I prefer the old configuration...
Picture 1.jpg

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
It's blue for me. You can change the highlight colour in the Appearance pane of System Preferences though. :)

Are you saying your Dock just restarted randomly?

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
it's because it's your only window open/active and you're highlighting it with your cursor. (is that what you mean?)

screenshot where I hovered the one window only.

Attachments

• scrnst-expose.jpg
    scrnst-expose.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 115

G99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I didn't realise the highlight color affected it.
Are you saying your Dock just restarted randomly?
Yep, I don't know why.

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
Weird. I just tried mine, and I don't get any colour change. All the mini-windows look exactly the same no matter where I put the mouse (besides the little tab that appears with the window name (that little box is still grey)). This is on my G4 iMac with 10.4.6

mad jew said:
It's blue for me. You can change the highlight colour in the Appearance pane of System Preferences though.
I don't see an option for this in mine (for exposé specifically)

**EDIT**
added pic

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 133

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
G99, I wouldn't worry about the Dock for the moment but tell us if it happens again, and take note of what exactly you were doing at the time.

neocell, The option isn't specific to Exposé, but is just a part of the general Appearance pane. I can't see your screen shot very clearly so I'm not quite sure what's happening, but what colour do you have selected in the System Preferences? Plus, do you have any theme changers installed? :)

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Sometimes I get a color change when highlighting a window (always blue), and sometimes no color change. Right now its not changing color when the cursor is over one of the windows, just the name of the window appears. But I remember it doing the highlight thing too sometimes.

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
G99 said:
Not doing anything, then dock relaunches. When I exposé after this, the shade is blue. I remember it being grey(?) I guess I can live with it, but I prefer the old configuration...
View attachment 46981

yikes! you're not kidding about being paranoid! But the same things annoy/interest me...:p

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
mad jew said:
neocell, The option isn't specific to Exposé, but is just a part of the general Appearance pane. I can't see your screen shot very clearly so I'm not quite sure what's happening, but what colour do you have selected in the System Preferences? Plus, do you have any theme changers installed? :)
The highlight colour in that picture was gold, but I've tried switching it to a bunch of other ones and no difference, just plain white Exposé. Only mod I have is ClearDock

**EDIT**
added pic, better size this time, and highlighting was set to red

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 86

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
mad jew said:
That's very weird because it has always worked for me. Maybe ClearDock has something to do with it?...
Exactly, just turned it off and now it's there.

Attachments

• Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 78
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.