Great help from senior staff at Regent St, London Apple Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Emperor, May 23, 2006.

1. Emperor macrumors newbie

Emperor

Today i went stopped over down Regent st to play around with the new Macbook and see what the fuss was all about. Since i am mainly a Windows user and never used a mac before i found it quite strange on how to operate it. A senior staff female staff member asked if anyone wanted help so i raised and called her over, i was pleased that she had interest in me on me being an upcoming "switcher" and explained the differences between software of XP and Mac. What i found most intriging is that installing programs were pratically drag and drop :eek:
    She gave me approx 40mins demonstration with questions and answering with the Macbook and what it has and can do. Coming from a PC world and not knowing how to use a Mac at all i learnt so much within the 40mins with some tricks like the F9-12 keys and that impressed me more.

This was a great day for me because i now know what im going to get when i enter university this year (White 2ghz Macbook) and with the amazing help i got a fresh start on knowing and learning about the applications and tools.
    Now that is what i call great service for a personal 40mins demonstration i definitley will go back and buy the Macbook from her so she can earn her quota.
    The Macbook was quite hot when i touched it underneath there is definitly more than one fan in there right?

2. -M7- macrumors member

The staff in the apple store dont work on a quota basis as far as I know. Thats why they are so relaxed and helpfull when compared to other stores that work on commision.

Judging from the disassembly pictures of the macbook there is only one fan in the system that cools all the stuff through heat spreaders. But it works good enough.

Congratulations for making the switch. Be sure to come back here if you have some questions for your new mac. This is the place to get them answered.