Great products

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Beej, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

I was just thinking... there are a lot of great computer-related products out there, and a lot of them don't get much recognition because they come from small companies or what not. So I thought I'd start a thread where people can let others know about those types of products...

My first one is Version Tracker. They provide just about every update to every Mac app released. If you haven't checked it out, do so. Or I'll get violent. :)

My second is a Mac-PC file sharing app called Sharity. I'd tried all sorts of things to get my Mac-PC file sharing to work, but I couldn't get any of them to work until this one. What's almost as good is that they give out free licenses to students. That rocks. There's not enough of that in the world. (Either that, or I'm just really cheap. You decide ;))

So... go for it! Please don't get into the more well known apps... we already know that Photoshop and iTunes are good :)

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Dragthing , I've been using it for years. I'll be getting the OSX version once I get Photoshop and start using OSX more than OS9.

Its the best desktop organizer I've ever used. Go get one now!:D

3. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

ASM

It gives you the application switcher menu from os9. It's one of my favourite tweaks for osX. I love the new os, and the dock is just amazing, but the asm is something i'd rather not do without.

4. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

5. spuncan macrumors 6502

Adock

My fav. little known app is A-Dock it adds a dock to 0S9 which acts very similar and can be made to look very close to OSX's dock. This adds alot of ease of use and for those like me that can barely run OSX u can combine this w/ kaliedoscope and a railheaddesign skin (u have to get this from hotline/caracho or the Banned By Apple site) to make it very hard to distingush from X with out a closer look.

6. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Hey Beej, does that Sharity app work with the desktop versions of windblows, or does it only work when connecting to 'servers'? I have the win2k game peecee at home that I would like to be able to easily file share things from my TiBook with. If it will work with the non-server windblows, then I would be willing to give it a swig. Otherwise, the peecee just gets powered up when I need to kill something, or while my TiBook is in the shop :(.

I just got a call from Apple customer support, looks like it has been repaired (this is the third time it has gone in, with the LCD and logicboards being replaced twice) and I should have it back tomorrow. I hope it is 100% repaired this time. Yes, I might be overly picky about my hardware, but this IS my Mac we are talking about.

7. Beej thread starter macrumors 68020

Beej

Alpha: I was using it with win98 SE, so yeah, it will work with a standard desktop win setup.

Britboy: I'm ashamed to admit it, but I actually liked the app switcher that came with ms office.

8. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft