Great Quote

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by beatsme, Nov 26, 2006.

1. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

I got this at random from quotes4all.net

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.

-Mark Twain

2. iMetroid macrumors member

I really needed to read that. The only reason I'm up at 11:58 at night is because of problems I'm having with "friends" preventing me from sleeping. Thanks.

3. beatsme thread starter macrumors 65816

beatsme

you bet :)

4. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

http://en.thinkexist.com/

This is a good Quotes site. You can register for free and add favorite quotes you like and submit them it they aren't already in the database. Here's a quote the goes along the same line as the one you posted.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I like this guy, he's got good quotes.

Here's another one that got me confused.

“If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shouldn't it be "...how would man..."? Or is this also proper? Is this old english or somethin?

5. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

As true today as it was then.

6. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

It is just English. It means men would take more notice of them. Try saying it to yourself, pausing after 'years' and making the rest an exclamation.