Great upcoming games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Flickta, May 30, 2004.

1. Flickta macrumors 6502

What great upcoming SHAREWARE games do you know?

Mac-gaming is seriously ill, and weak ports of console and PC games do not make it feel better. The only source of joy is shareware. Companies we all know. But are there new names?

I can name Wolfire software with its upcoming Lugaru (and a bunch of other titles, which are all (imho) great)
    www.wolfire.com

What else? Name 'em all!

2. applekid macrumors 68020

If iDevGames.com was up, you could check in the forums and help test some betas of games.

I can only think of Ambrosia and their upcoming racing game, Redline.

3. neonart macrumors 65816

neonart

No offense, but I don't know man. I looked at those games and they don't look too hot. I rather pay the $40 or $50 and get Call of Duty or something. Splinter Cell will eventually come out too.
    Companies like the one you mentioned should just make some killer games and charge the going rate for them. What's the use of making all these semi-free games if they're not great. (I don't want my main character to be some Rabbit Ninja. Sorry.)

4. Flickta thread starter macrumors 6502

Rabbit Ninja is awesome. That upcoming title will be a shocker, and a hit on Mac platform. It seemed ridiculous to me once, before I tried it out (beta-testing). I was mesmerized with the smooth gameplay (that's not about framerate, but the flow of the game itself), great physics and strong gothic atmosphere... well, better than gothic. It is a fantasy, man! It's not Harry Potter or something, it's a big thing.

About Splinter Cell. I don't want to feel like a wastebasket for all old xxBox and PC titles out there. SC is a good game, but you need a PC to play it. My Mac won't cope with it. As for the Call of Duty - that is a thing of another flavour... Thumbs up.

...Graphics are a nice and useful thing, but gameplay rules the Macintosh gaming. We (with our hardware) can't enjoy million dollar games, but small shareware titles are much more pleasing. And, after all, they are sold on "try before you buy" basis, not on "look and say they are crap"!

No offense.

5. Flickta thread starter macrumors 6502

A promising title. We'll see how it feels...