Greatest Apple Product of All Time #4

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Durandal7, Apr 18, 2002.

?

Which of these products was the greatest?

1. Powerbook 1400

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Powerbook 2400

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Powerbook G3

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. iBook (Original)

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  5. Powerbook G3 (Bronze Keyboard)

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

How odd, when I went to post this poll I discovered I had started a fad. Someone has already popped up with an "Apple Survivor" thread. Anyway the top ranking item in each category will be placed into a final poll,etc. Since none of you were especially familiar with the old laptops maybe you'll be more familiar with some of these. This is the "Recent Laptops" category. As for the TiBook and New iBook you'll see them in a future poll.

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

what the hell!

PowerBook G3...it brought the G3 processor to portables...thus paving the way for the PowerBook G4...

well...not entirely...but it sounded good! :p

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The original iBook, with out a doubt one of Apples best moves.

4. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

G3 all the way. My dad had one for work and I thought it was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen.

Matthew

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

good sales, too

6. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

th g3 powerbook with the bronze keyboard was the best hands down. first laptop with a stylish design, only one in the list that can run osx, still sells for over $1000 because people realize how valuable a computer it is. with the pc card slots and drive bays it beats all the modern laptops with expandability and battery life. the thing is pretty amazing. i could never buy a g4 powerbook beacsue of the battery life. as eyelikeart said about the original g3 powerbook it paved the way for everything else to come.

7. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

And that's what I'm posting from.

[don't tell anyone, but it doesn't run OS X well;) so I'm sticking on 9 until my next machine]

Have swapped the harddrive, installed larger ram chips a couple of times, my machine has USB, Firewire (via PCMCIA) AND SCSI.

How cool is that!

8. twek macrumors newbie

G3 Pismo by a long shot!

i do live video performance and i've used tibooks and the older powerbooks. for some reason the last edition of the G3 PB is just the most stable, elegant, well designed computer apple has ever made. i find it still performs just as well as the newer powerbooks for live work. i haven't tried the latest 667 tibooks, but from what i've heard the meager 256 cache really sucks for realtime audio/visual work.

so the G3 Pismo still reigns supreme in my opinion :)