Greatest Apple Product of All Time #6

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Durandal7, Apr 19, 2002.

Which of these products was the greatest?

1. Pippin

1 vote(s)
  2. iPod

21 vote(s)
  3. Laserwriter

7 vote(s)
  4. Pro Mouse

1 vote(s)
  5. Studio Display

0 vote(s)
  1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    Another poll, this one is Misc. Hardware. This is part of a series of ongoing polls to determine the Greatest Apple Product of All Time. I include Pippin since it was a technology licensed by Apple though not built by them.
    In case you haven't voted on the others here they are:
    Poll 1
    Poll 2
    Poll 3
    Poll 4
    Poll 5
  2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    iPod, totally changed everyones perspective on what you could put in your pocket.:D
  3. macstudent macrumors 6502

Feb 12, 2002
    Milwaukee, WI
    I prefer what is already in my pocket;)
  4. Geert macrumors 6502a

May 28, 2001
    iPod was the vote, although I like the pro-mouse also!
  5. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    Between the iPod and the LCD Display, I would have to go with the iPod, because:
    (1) It is small.
    (2) It is portable.
    (3) It is quiet.
    (4) It has Breakout in it.

And my best reason, I can't listen to mp3s on a Studio Display :)

The only downside is its extreme price. Even $400 is pushing it.

But then again...

Anytime is a great time for iPod.
  6. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    btw...this is the coolest thread i have seen since i joined macrumors...way to go dude

what do i like on this list...ipod, baby!

i am not a jealous guy, i once shared a girlfriend...he he...but one thing that makes me jealous is that i do not have an ipod since my computers all do not have firewire or ieee 1394

i saw a pc geek use his ipod with his is that done or have apple made the ipod compatible with vaio for awhile?

i have to admit, where i live everybody is a geek so it could be some sort of neat trick;) and i am one who actually pays for my adobe titles and don't want to know how to hack those trial versions that computer graphics arts (a british magazine) supply every now and then
  7. britboy macrumors 68030

Nov 4, 2001
    Kent, UK
    There is a public preview of Xplay which makes it possible to use the iPod on windows.

I voted for the Laserprinter, because i still remember how amazed i was by the speed of that thing at the time it came out. The other options are all good (especially the iPod), but moving up from a stylewriter to laser was awesome!
  8. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001

I admit I probably could have found a better selection for this category but this is what came to mind. I was almost going to throw the iPod into the handheld category.
  9. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    Well, post the iPod there as well in that poll. Guess who is going to win that one as well... :)

Actually, the eMate is right up there in handheld devices. I will not be the deciding factor in that one.

But the truth does speak, because...

Anytime is a great time for iPod.
  10. Taft macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2002

Its sexy. Its small. Its easy (heh). And it holds a lot of stuff (music and files). It takes a beating and keeps on running.

I take it everywhere. If I was robbed, I would consider risking my life to save that of my iPod (or, more likely, just replace it with a new one when it was stolen).

I love the darn thing.