Greatest Apple Product of All Time #9

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Durandal7, Apr 21, 2002.

?

Which of these products was the greatest?

1. iMac G4

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. Powermac G4 (Quicksilver)

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. TiBook

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  4. New iBook

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Second to last poll. I bet this one ends up being really debated.

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

I just have two quick comments:

asurace, I appreciate the polls and forums so I can boost my post count :) , along with the rest of us...

Second, I really like both the iMac and Powerbook G4. But I want a Powerbook G4 more (even 500MHz is fine) since I want to type notes in class and make everyone else (PC users) become jealous.

Unfortunately, that would only take the 5% of the market, and improve it to 5.00001%. Then, again, a little goes a long way!

Any time is a great time for iPod.

3. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

iMac G4

The TiBook is sexy and sleak, but the new iMac is just as powerful and has a better price point for consumers.

I mean, if you really get down to it, they are very similar computers in the functionality and power department. The only difference is the package they are put in.

I think in the long run, the iMac will be more important for Apple because of its popularity and consumer driving power.

Matthew

4. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Definately the G4 iMac. It's so good for apple. Just like the origional iMac. All the people that origionally got them dont need an upgrade but this might make them get it. Also, its a new really cool design and has been getting really good press. People are biting. In fact my cousin is getting on instead of a dell laptop thanks to me. :D

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

TiPB - while the G4 iMac has some wow appeal, it still looks a little like a toy. First hand experience has shown me that when I pull out the TiPB at a meeting or with a client that hasn't seen one before, it blows them away.

Nuff said:D

6. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

iMac is without any boubt the greatest computer since the original macintosh was released.

7. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

personally, i like the tibook

but for the mass public appeal and accessibility, the new imac g4 will be a goldmine for apple...i hope;) and the imac gets my vote

8. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

this is a close one! Personally though i voted for the Tibook, because it's the sleekest, sexiest computer i've ever seen (and the fact that i own one does not make me biased :p )

The G4 iMac is nice, but still comes second for me.