Green TV

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CubaTBird, Nov 12, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

i know this isn't a tv forum.. but here goes.. about a month ago my sony wega tv started experiencing this weird green hue. i go into the settings to try and change it but the sliders for the picture quality are all perfect, in the middle and even. so i call the provider of my cable box thinking maybe its the cable box.. guy comes over and say's "nope its the tv".. im completely clueless.. i have added nothing to the tv in ages and have had it for just over four years.. is it truly busted? its going to be abust if i have to shell out money for a new tv.. :(

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

sounds like the tv is losing color on u man. is their a reset button anywhere?
    well after 4years i guess it would give in on u....do u play games on it?

Bless

3. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah my tv remote has a reset button.. i press it when in the settings menu and nothing "resets" it stays the same.. i used to play my n64 on it.. but that was two years ago..

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

sounds like the color is fading.....well im guessing u can get it fix but that will be like $$$$ so living with it could be alright.....how bad is it?

Bless

5. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

We had this happen something similar happen to one of our TV's. Call sony and ask questions. With our situation it turned out it was a manufacturing defect and it was all payed for to be fixed. So they sent us to a repair shop and we got are TV back. Works good as new right now.

I think our is an ProScan brand though...kinda cheapish.

On another note...when we started to have problems with that TV we went and bought a nice 42in widescreen Hitachi HD TV. Best thing we ever did. We then upgrade the Dish reciever and dish, and everything looks really good. ANd the best thing about the Hitachi that we have is that is has a thing called Magic Focus that auto-aligns the tubs to get perfect color. Great TV!!

Just call sony and Complain a little!!! A tv shoudl last more then four years!!

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Definitely. My Panasonic must be around 15 years old now, and it still works perfectly.

7. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

We had an old Sony Trintron that was around beofre i was born. My dad told me it was about 25 years old and we just recently got rid of that one. It was so old it had the dial that you had to turn to get the stations. lol. The dial got to touchy and we could not find replacement parts for it so we got rid of it. After i had the fun of taking it apart of course...just had to be a little carefull...figured that out by accident. :eek: