Green Wing --May contain spoilers and that--

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So! Series 2 Episode 1 kicked off last night. Any watchers? A bunch of my mates were glued to the TV. they missed the first showing of Series 1 but caught it over the past couple of weeks when Channel 4 repeated every day.

Personally I reckon this is, next to Harry Hill's TV Burp, the only truly funny thing on TV. It's just so well written and stylish, the way the camera moves and the speed altering. And in the style of League of Gentlemen it's not what the characters say that's funny but the way they react in their expressions. I reckon.

And for those who have never seen it. It's a comedy based in a hospital. Never any interaction between patients, just doctors and admins. It's real silly, very very surreal characters but in a realistic world. There's a heavy use of music and slow-downs. No actual jokes. Suppose you have to see it really to understand it.

So, any other fans?

2. Queso macrumors G4

There was a little ping-pong man. There he goes. :D

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

*raises hand* yes sir, me sir, I'm a fan :D

Watched the original run of series one way back when, and have been desperately waiting for it's release on DVD as well as for a series two to air. Finally we have both!

My favourite line is from series one, Guy talking to the staff liaison nut case woman: Do you know what I love about you? F*** all.

5. dcv macrumors G3

Aaarrgh no spoilers please, I've yet to watch my EyeTV recording from last night!

I love this show and series two has been almost 2 years in the waiting. I've now got all of series one recorded, but was rather annoyed by the dumbass at Channel 4 who obviously pressed a button at the wrong time in the last episode and played a voiceover about the DVD during the actual programme. What an idiot! :mad:

6. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

hah! whoa! E4 messed up during the week too. they played a Hollyoaks episode from days before! thought my EyeTV was messed up for a minute till I saw the ad breaks talking about shows on later that night. madness.

My fave line from series 1 is probably "does it say no smoking?" :D or just the entire last episode in one big nutshell.
    I'm just chuffed that these guys pump out 10 hour long episodes for a series. Yet they still maintain the uber-high quality production values.

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Episode 2

"Blood on your sword" :D :D :D

did anyone else think the banana scene was the funniest and most surreal feeling comedy scene ever?

8. dcv macrumors G3

Episode 2 was fantastic... much better than the first one, which had a few too many weird dream sequences in. This was much more in keeping with the first series.

There was SO many hysterical scenes in last night's episode (including that banana scene ;)), I don't want to wait a week to see the next one!

t-wit t-woo :D

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I think I may have wet myself several times on Friday evening watching ep2 :eek: :eek:

So much over all brilliance I can't remember any one specific part. Just gold.

...t-woo.

10. mpw Guest

How am I gonna not be able to use a hooddie for rubbish from now on?

11. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Right this thread has died a little.

I'm loving this second series. The storyline is a little more complex than a simple "will they/won't they" scenario.

Some bits that made me laugh so far; Martin as a pimp. Killing the dwarf. penknife in the head. the uber embarrassing dinner scene from last nights episode.
    :D

infact http://satansam.co.uk/blog/?p=279 for what I thought was the funniest sketch of last nights episode :) "smell my pong" XD and the way he caught the ping pong ball back in his mouth! He's a top actor. Remember when he did some juggling in one episode that was pulled off very well!

12. Queso macrumors G4

My favourite bit last night was Sue White and Martin's ventriloquism scene with the stapler, although I'll agree Alan Statham is the best character in the show. Like a wound-up sex-mad Basil Fawlty on speed :D

SPOILER IN WHITE

The boiling hot coffee enema. Hilarious!

13. dcv macrumors G3

Mark Heap is just fantastic, Statham is undoubtably the best character! The coffee enema scene was utterly brilliant. Yet another shirt tucked into underpants moment :D

Why does my EyeTV schedule say it's on at 10pm next week though, is that right? :confused: I haven't bothered to check the tv listings yet.

14. mrs o-borne macrumors newbie

10pm insted of 9pm

They are Delaying it because of Big Brother! How can they do this to us!?! we will have to wait one more hour! Oh No!

15. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Channel 4 have their priorities mixed up. Fools!

bloody, bloody, n-no. I wont have it! w-well then, exactly.

16. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Incredible. A show that can have a woman give birth to a lion whilst singing The Circle of Life (or some made up song with them words) and also had me almost in tears with Mac's "problem". that also had me starry eyed and choked up about Guy and Caroline.

Undoubtedly one of the most versatile shows I've ever seen.

but yea. The box scene had me laughing for ages :D just had to re-watch that a few times! Very funny! Statham really is the best character there. The urine scene had me in stitches!

Is this is now then? with the ending and that.

17. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I love the Green Wing although that last episode was just a bit *too* weird. It went a bit over the edge and the whole thing about Mac's problem was really **** and depressing. That kind of stuff happens in the real world, its not in the least funny (not that they were trying to make it funny of course) and felt really out of place in the show. It put a real downer on the last in the series. Not good.

18. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Very very funny, very very surreal, very very sad. What a show.

19. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

You know... my girlfriend is a huge Mac fan. I was always on Guys side. When he got the news today I was "HAH! Take THAT Caroline! [my girlfriend, not miss. todd!]". whilst feeling very evil at the same time.

I think it was a really good reversal episode. like Doctor Who's 'Dalek' episode. Guy came off really sweet in this one whilst Mac's normal joking behaviour was sort of amplified into quite sinister.

Guy is top :D someone needs to make a Guy montage of short clips. and don't look at me!

20. mpw Guest

Why, are you shy?