Greetings from wonderfully warm Ohio

Discussion in 'Community' started by Thomas Veil, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

...where the temperature is an unseasonal 72, despite the fact that the sun is only hazy and it's windy as hell.

First time this year I've actually been able to open all the windows and air out my house, and walk around outside without even a light jacket.

I'm enjoying it while I can, because this weekend we return to cold rain mixed with snow. :(

Anybody else enjoying this little preview of spring?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well im over in DeKalb, IL and its windy as hell here too but we only have an unseasonal temp of 55 going on here, i wouldnt mind the 75 though, but the wind sucks, i saw a tree fall on a car because of the wind. glad you have the warm weather and enjoy it while it lasts!!! kudos

3. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I flew out of Dayton two days ago, it was a miserable cold, overcast day. Landing in Savannah though was so warm, (low 80's) and just beautiful. I put shorts on and have been enjoying the unbelievably nice 65degrees at night.

Glad to see Ohio is warm today, I talked to a friend and she said it was so nice on her lunch break she almost didn't go back to work. Where in Ohio are you?

Enjoy it, it won't last. :)

4. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    yeah it is definately nice outside today in the heartland... and it time to get out of work and enjoy it... hurray! :)

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you Thomas Veil, hello back at you in Ohio. Both my wife and I are native Buckeye's. My brother, Mom, and brother-in-law still live there.

On Tuesday March 2nd we had a record high T 66 here in Boston. I am not looking forward to Spring. It is always the worst season here in Boston, usually raw & cold, and then it gets hot. I hat summer with the heat and humidity.

We expect a return to Winter Sunday and next week! :)

6. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I live in the Cleveland area. Right now, at almost midnight, it's still a respectable 52º, and the winds are much calmer.

wdlove, I hope today's nice Ohio weather is heading in your direction. Just watch those winds -- they hit 55 MPH today.

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

8. AssassinOfGates macrumors 6502

This better keep up. Im takin my break in between terms to go back down to Columbus from Anaheim. Is it just me or is each winter in Ohio more ****ed up than the last one? Freak snowstroms, record highs, lots of rain, theres no pattern at all! But wOOt! Go Bucks!

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you for the response Thomas. It has not been a nice day here in Boston. A high T 59, some rain early, cloudy, and damp. We are to turn cooler tomorrow then below normal T's the rest of the week.

10. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    so fabulous, mother nature must have read this thread and played a mean joke. two days after this thread it went down to 32... now there's 8" of snow on the ground overnight. gotta love Ohio.

11. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

arr. it's freakin' snowing in manhattan, after an almost mild day yesterday. i'm about done with winter.

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Your weather arriving here in New England today. We are officially under a Winter Storm Warning. The prediction is for 6 - 12" by Wednesday morning. Current 2pm T 34 DP 20 H 56% W 17 30.23" falling cloudy WC 23. The heaviest snow accumulation is supposed to be overnight. I'm looking forward to the snow. It's due to begin soon! :)

13. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be

wasn't it beautiful?? i was walking around in a thin shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and today, it's around freezing with a decent snow covering... if only it snowed earlier so i didn't have to move the car :rolleyes:

14. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia

typical late spring sunny weather... even though it's really not spring yet.

i'd rather be at the beach right now.

15. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

sure looked that way, through my office windows... 3 of my co-workers called in and said they'd be a few hours late for various plausible-sounding reasons. but we know better, don't we?

i should have skipped out myself. now january's all up in my grill.