Gregory Peck (1916-2003)

Discussion in 'Community' started by janey, Jun 13, 2003.

1. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    it was a weird coincidence...we were watching (and reading) to kill a mockingbird...then my english teacher cried when she heard about gregory peck's death (academy award winning actor who portrayed Atticus Finch in the movie) this morning.
    may you rest in peace...:( we shall all miss you
  2. medea macrumors 68030

Aug 4, 2002
    Madison, Wi
  3. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    That was a nice gesture to put this up. He really was a stand-up guy. Amazing presence on stage. Wonderful depth in his characters. I remember watching "TKAM" when I was young and being absolutely spellbound by his performance. He will be missed.
  4. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    He was a great academy award winning actor. A man that lived a full and long life. My only disagreement was in his political activism!

My prayers got out to his family and friends!
  5. GeneR macrumors 6502a

Jan 2, 2003
    The land of delusions, CA.
    He was/is my favorite actor.

Over the years I have been a fan of a lot of actors. However, I have found that some just do not remain on my top ten list. They usually slide off at some point because of antics in the news, etc.

However, with Gregory Peck I was always a fan. I love Roman Holiday ,To Kill a Mockingbird , and Twelve O'Clock High to name just a few.

What I loved about Peck was that he was always known as the consummate gentleman with an impeccable reputation for honesty, integrity, and principles. Whenever I think about characters whom have inspired me I am often reminded of his portrayal of Atticus Finch because I believe those kind of people do exist. And I believe that Peck was one of them. I believe whenever we see such display of grace and dignity we become better people from the experience.

I think we all lost a great treasure a couple of days ago when he passed away. I know that I for one will miss knowing that he was still around.
  6. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

Mar 10, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    What a loss for the world. He truly was amazing. While it might seem petty, I think in light of his death it is quite significant that Mr. Peck's portrayal of Atticus Finch was named the Greatest Movie Hero. I have loved that book since my childhood, and have tried to emulate the values taught by it every day in my life.

Mr. peck embodied all those values, not just in his portrayal, but in his personal life. Thank God for him, and for the movies through which he will live forever.