Grey'd Out Songs In Music App? [Fix For JailBroken iPhone]

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by krUnIzZlE, Feb 23, 2012.

1. krUnIzZlE, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

macrumors regular

Well, I had the horrible Greyed out songs in my "Music" App on iOS 5.01 On My iPhone 4. I Tried Every Possible Solution On The Internet And No Luck. I was in No Mood To Restore and put everything back 1 by 1.

So, I Found A Solution:

Requirements:

1) JailBroken iPhone.
    2) iFile.
    3) Common Sense [LoL]

STEPS:
    1] So, On Your iTunes Make Sure You Have Selected "Manually Manage My Music & Videos" And Sync Once. (This Solves The Problem For Some People, If Not.. Then Continue)

2] Go To iFile Then "var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes"

3] Look For "MediaLibrary.sqlitedb" and "MediaLibrary.sqlitedb-shm"

4] Once Located, Back Them Up Somewhere (Just Incase) And Delete The Ones In "iTunes" Folder.

5] Restart iPhone & Open Music App & You Should Get Something Like "No Content- You Can Download Music From iTunes". Which Means All The Grey'd Out Songs Are Gone.

6] Go To iTunes & Sync Songs To Your iPhone.

*****Tested On iPhone 4, Baseband 1.59.00, iOS 5.01. & Worked Like A Charm...

Any Questions, Feel Free To Ask...

P.S. I'M NOT RESPONSABLE IF YOU SCREW UP YOUR IPHONE ETC. WHICH IS WHY I PUT "COMMON SENSE AS A REQUIREMENT" :)

2. thread starter macrumors regular

I Guess I posted This In The Wrong Spot? I Figured It Was The Right Section Since I Got This Problem In iOS 5 And Never Had This Problem Running iOS 4.x...

3. macrumors newbie

i signed up especially to thank you!

I LOVE YOU. i have spent weeks trying to find a solution to this, and just assumed i wouldnt b able to put music on my phone again without re jailbreaking. god that made my day, i wish i could buy u a beer.

4. macrumors newbie

Help!

How do i back up thye medialibrary files before i delete them

5. macrumors 68040

braddick

Followed the above directions exactly, to a T and Cydia stopped loading/working.

The only workaround was to restore.

Proceed with caution.