Griffin announces iFM: Radio, Remote, and Recorder for iPod

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jul 29, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors 6502

I was wondering when someone was going to get around to doing this. I know it's an add-on, but I still think it's good for those iPod users who want FM and recording. I'm thinking about getting one, but I'll probably check one out at the Apple Store before buying.

4. macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Keep in mind thatg altho' Griffin advertises a "high quality microphone", the iPod is limited to recording at, IIRC, 8 KHz. So bad AM radio quality at the maximum. Ok for dictation, pretty useless for music.

5. macrumors 65816

autrefois

Thank you for pointing that out, that's important to mention. I have iTalk and I am very happy with what it does. I use it for recording oral exams (and occasionally song ideas) and I can understand perfectly what is recorded, but it is not a high-quality recording.

I'm very interested in iFM. If it has the same quality as the iTalk plus FM tuning and it can double (or triple??) as a remote control, then I'll probably be getting one. Just yesterday I was wishing iPod had a radio tuner built in, weird coincidence! :)

6. macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

in other words, not good enough for recording live concerts (where tolerated).