Griffin Elevator UK Purchase

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MatthewConnelly, Jan 21, 2007.

1. MatthewConnelly macrumors regular

MatthewConnelly

I'm trying to get hold of a Griffin Elevator (the new design, not the iCurve) but I can't seem to find any UK sites that have them in stock. The only place I can find them is Amazon (link) but they seem to be the old design, which I don't want.

Does anyone know of a reliable UK online store that has them in stock right now? I would buy one from the Apple store, but I don't think they sell them there.

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

this site, which i accessed through Griffin's US site, lists places where Griffin products are sold in the UK.

i chose one place at random, MacWarehouse, and found that the Griffin Elevator is being sold there for £25.20 incl. VAT. they don't have a picture of the item, though.

3. MatthewConnelly thread starter macrumors regular

MatthewConnelly

Yeah I had a look on the Griffin website, but most of the listed sites don't seem too reputable. I'd prefer to go for the Currys/Dixons/PCW, but none of those had the item listed. I guess i'll contact the seller on Amazon to find out which model it is.

4. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

5. alFR macrumors 68020

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any of the retailers listed on the Griffin site who actually have one of the things listed as in stock....

6. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Was it me or there're 24 in stock for the link I've just given. This thread really makes me want to go out there and grab one of these for my iBook who's always hot!

7. alFR macrumors 68020

8. MatthewConnelly thread starter macrumors regular

MatthewConnelly

Yeah there's 2 sites with it in stock, shop 1 and shop 2.

Has anyone used either of these before?

9. MatthewConnelly thread starter macrumors regular

MatthewConnelly

I went into my local Apple store today and they had the original iCurve in stock. I had a look at it and it's quite nice close up. I decided to just buy it there and then, great purchase and will look great next to my new monitor!

10. alFR macrumors 68020

Just to report back as well - ordered an Elevator from MacHeaven, arrived 24h later. Good service!