Griffin ExpressCard/34 SDHC?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by The General, Mar 7, 2007.

1. The General macrumors 601

Griffin makes an ExpressCard/34 card reader, but in the specifications it doesn't mention SDHC. My camera (Nikon D80) works with SDHC cards. Will this card reader read SDHC cards?

2. The General thread starter macrumors 601

3. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

4. The General thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks, I just found out that my friend has the Griffin card, so I'll just get my SDHC card and if the Griffin one doesn't work with it, then I'll get a different one. The Delkin says it will work, but like you said, it's a bit expensive.

5. ae35unit macrumors newbie

Doesn't appear to work

I just got a Griffin Expresscard|34 Card Reader, tried it on a couple machines and can read my 1GB card but can't read my 8GB SDHC card. The 8GB card works in other readers, so I gotta think it's a limitation of the Griffin reader.

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

A normal SD device (whether camera, or reader, or whatever) does not support SDHC unless SDHC support is specifically built in and it carries the SDHC logo.

It's safest to view SDHC and SD as mutually incompatible. Most devices support one or the other exclusively, at this point, very few support both.

7. dr427 macrumors regular

dr427

It might be better to use the usb cable so that you don't wear on the SD card contacts in the camera and then that solves both your problems.

Unless of course the download speed is far too slow.

8. Jookbox macrumors 6502

Just a warning. if anyone was considering the griffin, i recommend looking elsewhere first. it only supports up to 1gb sd cards. mine ended up working only sometimes, and i found out it was crashing my macbook pro.

9. CarlosG macrumors member

I have a MBP with Griffin card reader and can tell you that SDHC doesn't work.

Its a shame, its a nice card reader. But alas, old tech now.

That 8GB card I just bought will have to be left in the camera and used through the USB cable.

10. liangt macrumors newbie

Mine works with a 2Gb SD card

but the new SDHC Class 6 that came with my new camera don't :(