Griffin iCurve

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by insomniac321123, Nov 18, 2006.

1. insomniac321123 macrumors 6502

Has griffin quit making the iCurve? It says the item is out of stock on their website. They are going for $50 on ebay, so I really dont want to buy one there.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Supposedly there's an iCurve 2 coming, and it's not curved. The rumor was that it was supposed to be released October 1st, but it hasn't been seen yet.

Here is one pre-order page for it.

3. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

I think the new one looks ugly too :( I'm glad I got mine for 25 shipped when I did, I may pick up another old one for my Tibook :)

4. Melkor macrumors 6502

5. MikeTheC Guest

MikeTheC

Gallifrey -- Capitol City, Prydonian Sector
    I bought one of those a while ago for my then-iBook G3/600. I used it briefly, and now that I've replaced it with my PowerBook G4/15", I don't use it at all.

My PB is normally configured as a desktop replacement.

In fact, here's my rig...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Do you know what's the new iCurve looks like? I have 5 of them now (4 at home and one at office) and I like them very well. It can handle even my 15" MBP/PB, along with smaller notebooks.

7. insomniac321123 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am wanting to get it to use my mbp with a keyboard and mouse. In the future I want to use it with another screen. So, if anyone knows another solution, I would love to hear it.

8. thats nice macrumors member

I recently purchased one for AU$85 it was a bit pricey to be honest. I guess it's alright, i mean i had to purchase a BT MM and BT keyboard aswell, so there was another AU$210 so now i guess its a proper desktop replacement. However i find the 15.4" to be too small so i still use my PC desktop to do a lot of work on because im using a big CRT. I would hook up the CRT however it would take up too much space with the MBP on the desk along side it!

So I guess get the iCurve if you have another LCD display to go next to it, or if you are happy with the current screen size.

9. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

It's a shame that many of the really good stands don't work with the Power/Macbook Pro due to the fact that they don't open up as much as most other notebooks.

I've got a Port Ergostation stand with a 4-port USB2 hub built in that works really well with my XPS Dell but it doesn't adjust properly for the Macbooks.

The new Griffin stand is called the Elevator and I actually prefer the looks of it to the iCurve - fits the Macbook Pros better for style now that's it's made from aluminium (with a clear plastic base that the supports slot into).

10. chaslam macrumors regular

I use an icurve with my MBP, and think it looks great. If that is the new one above, it looks so plain and, well, boring and non apple like. Just looks like its a stand made for any other laptop.

11. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003