Griffin PowerMate Dead ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mustard, Jan 7, 2006.

1. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

I have a Griffin PowerMate that I have had for about a year, all of a sudden the stupid thing just went nuts and ended up locking up my computer and causing all kinds of problems. I found this out after thinking that my os got hosed and did a restore from my backup drive and still was having problems. I ended up discounecting everthing and my machine ran fine with out a hiccup. I started plugging things back in and figured out the culpret was the PowerMate, I tried to download and install the most current driver with no avail. After further investigation of the PowerMate itself I was able to see what looks like scorching on the circutry inside the unit next to the LEDs (while looking through the bottom plastic). I figured that something went screwy internally so I called up Griffin Tech and to my suprise (sarcasim) they said it was out of warranty but they said that they have no similar problems and offered to send me a replacment free of charge if I gave them my credit card number so they could bill my 90% in order to due an advance replacement which would be refunded upon me sending the defective unit back.

I have a replacment in the mail but has any one experienced any problems like this with there PowerMate?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

nope sorry to hear for you buddy. hope everything goes well for u and your new powermate.

Bless

3. mustard thread starter macrumors 6502a

mustard

Thanks for the sentiment - I hope so too.

I am just kinda confused about what happened - surge or product defect (? - but if it was a surge something else should have bit it as well, I am not that good of a person to just have it be the PowerMate and nothing else)

4. osprey76 macrumors 6502

No problems with my PowerMate. No scorching either.