Griffin PowerMate drivers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wPod, Apr 2, 2006.

1. wPod macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO
    dude! the griffin powermate is freaking cool!!!
    i bought it thinking it would help editing out commercials from TV shows i record with the eyeTV 200. i got it for my mac mini DVR project and first found out the drivers didnt work with intel. i downloaded the latest drivers then i had to set everything up myself for editing in eyeTV, but once i got it set up, it worked great. then i plugged it into my PB to try editing something with iMovie and the drivers for the G4 were TONS better than the intel drivers! there were pre set definitions for all the apps. i dont know why it wasnt set up for the intel set. maybe ill try re-installing it and see how it works. . . anyway

i was wondering if there are any 3rd party drivers for the PowerMate. I would love for it to do more. double clicking, and speed sensitive scrolling. i think the powermate feels great, looks great, and performs very well (on my G4, not the intel yet) but i think there is a little room for improvement. if anyone knows of anything, let me know! thanks!!
  2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Your reason for buying the Powermate is exactly my reason for buying. However, from what everyone tells me, it is just what it is. There's no fancy way of making it better than it is. Now I haven't researched this, but I did look for the drivers on google and I am fairly certain we won't be finding any third party drivers to make it do more than griffin wants us to do with it anytime soon.