Griffin PowerMate

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Markleshark, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

So after a while getting it properly installed (CD came with PPC drivers and I didn't notice... **** hit the fan when that happened, bascially) I finally got my griffin PowerMate installed on my Intel Mac. Works, love it.

However, the bloddy thing doesn't light up. The LED works, as ive seen it flash on a few times, and when I first plugged it in. I have tried turning it (the light) on and off, also tried running the brightness Apple Scripts, nothing works. Also tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers,
    Mark.

2. will0407 macrumors 6502a

3. Markleshark thread starter macrumors 603

Markleshark

Yeah. Its a pain. Been in contact with Griffin and they told me to reinstalled the software and drivers (Which id done) so I did it again following their steps and nothing. Gonna return it I thinks.

4. almightyshoe macrumors regular

I have a similar problem; for some reason about 20% of the time when I start up my Macbook, it doesn't detect the powermate (the powermate glows the idle glow and doesn't do much else). I have to unplug and replug it in order for the macbook to recognize and use the knob. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, neither work.

5. Markleshark thread starter macrumors 603

Markleshark

Looks like mine is faulty. Only problem being I got it (New) off eBay. Trying to work out if I can be arsed going through the hassle of sending it back overa blue light, long as the rest works its good for me, so I think ill be keeping it.