Griffin Technology releases iTrip Black to match the new U2 ...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Oct 26, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors G5

nagromme

I think that's actually pretty cool looking!

I prefer the classic white, but black and red is fun--even more so with black gizmos to attach :)

3. macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I might pick one up to match my black iSkin'ed iPod.

4. macrumors Core

i was thinking the same thing, but will it fit with the way the iSkin covers the top of the Pod?

5. macrumors 6502

griffin must have a very good relationship with apple, i didn't think apple told anyone about new hardware untill it was released.

on second thoughts this could explain why everyone was so sure about the black ipod

6. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

On the other hand, Griffin could've just been following rumours. The new iTrip isn't available yet, so there's a chance that Griffin got everything ready, but waited for an official announcement before actually producing any black iTrips.

7. macrumors newbie

that's exactly how it's done. Griffen already has the negatives, painting can be done in a day for a mock up when the negatives are supplied. They get it in, shoot it, wait for the announcement. If it doesn't go through, they either keep it for future refrence, or they send it back to get repainted in white. i could always be wrong, but i think it's logical.

8. macrumors G5

nagromme

They could simply know they can get black plastic quickly, and have photoshopped (or painted) an old one to show on the site. There might not BE any true black iTrips in existence quite yet.

9. macrumors regular

I can't get excited about this, no matter what color they make it. My original iTrip is a piece of garbage, it never provided me with acceptable performance.

10. macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

I like the U2 iTrip better than the U2 iPod. :p Even with a white iPod I would still consider getting a black iTrip just because the contrast I think would be pretty cool.

Or if you really need it to match you could just go to colorware and get a full black iPod. I'm partial to the silver one myself seeing that it will match my Powerbook. :cool:

11. macrumors 6502a

t300

I heard that people emailed Griffin and said the iTrip's were racist so they made black ones too..

No, but seriously...Griffin is a great company that are always on top of things. I love when they come out with stuff because it's always cool and hip. Good going Griffin...even though I think the U2 iPod itself is stupid.