Group accuses Jordan of torturing for U.S.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jul 24, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

AP

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yeah, that sounds about right. But is it just to have plausible deniability, or are we just lazy enough to have to outsource our atrocities? Either way, I'm surprised people aren't making a bigger deal of this.

Just gives more fuel to the fire and makes us as bad as what we claim to be fighting against.

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

How dare the AP reveal the details of our secret program to torture people. They may have put lives at risk. Every time something like this comes out, it weakens our anti-terrorism effort.

:rolleyes:

4. Queso macrumors G4

Once again, the people of my country become a bigger target thanks to Bliar's allegiance with the Bush administration.

Thanks Tony. I just hope selling your soul for a Carlyle Group directorship is worth it.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

George Bush insisted we dont torture, he just outsources it. Anyone get the feeling we are going backwards intime? Is this America or some communist corporation that runs our country? Torture,signing statements,lies and lots of spin I would have to admit that our govt is being destroyed from within. Bush has shown over and over and over that Laws will be ignored or replaced with his own interpetation of them.

6. Queso macrumors G4

DHM, if you haven't already you should read some Philip K. Dick. Although written during the McCarthy era, it's eerily prescient of the current Administration.

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Same type of NeoCons who were molding the Dick Cheneys of that time, same fellas that managed to avoid fighting themself seem so eager for others to fight. Its clear Saddam was under control and Iraq needed a murdering killer like Saddam to keep all the other murdering killers in line. So now we have either a Shiite ran Iraq/Iran or a civil war thanks to this administration & congress. The torture thing is just how we are deevolving back into what we use to be. Not to throw this off but just the fact that the voting rights act isnt permanent is scary to me. What the hell you mean it has to be voted on every 25 yrs what the ? Liberty & freedom have become spin terms with little meaning.

8. Queso macrumors G4

Back in 2003 Americans on the Internet (macdailynews.com to be precise) used to call me a terrorist for saying that. Anyone that knew the history of Yugoslavia could see what would happen to Iraq should Saddam go. An artificial nation where decades of dictatorial rule had been the only thing preventing ethnic tensions from bubbling over, and George and Tony thought it could magically become an overnight democracy. How could it not end in a bloodbath?

9. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Wasn't Yugoslavia broken up into three pieces? Now they're talking about breaking Iraq into three, WOW.

10. Queso macrumors G4

Yugoslavia wasn't broken up, it naturally fell apart. Into five, then later six pieces. But in the meantime there was a hell of a lot of serb (orthodox christian) vs. croat (catholic christian) vs. kosovan (muslim) bloodletting, mostly fought out in Bosnia. The parallels with Iraq are and were obvious to everyone outside of the Bush administration and Downing Street, but then those that believe they should rule also think they know best, so who was going to listen to the millions of people telling the Governments not to be so stupid?

Dick Cheney made a fortune though, so it's not all bad :rolleyes: