Group Says Iran Is 'Not a Crisis'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Aug 16, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

LA Times

i wonder if it'll do any good.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Poor reporting here. Lamont is not anti-war. He's anti-Iraq war. There's a world of difference, though I'm sure many pro-Iraq-war Bush supporters are more than happy to let the MSM continue to describe Lamont as antiwar.

Now, as for the Times article -- much of this is the same criticism leveled at the Bushies over Iraq: namely that this isn't a crisis, no proof of WMDs, no plan for what happens after we overthrow the government beyond "we'll be greeted as liberators".

Hopefully this level of rebuke will give the public pause. It certainly won't stop the True Believers in the Bush administration from pushing for another disastrous war.

3. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I wish I saw that 60 minutes interview with mahmoud ahmadinejad :mad: It seemed rather entertaining. Plus he has a blog now :eek: so maybe if we need some intelligence...

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm not saying it's anything to be ashamed of at all, although personally I'm not totally anti-war myself.

Anti-war has specific connotations here. It implies that one would not go to war under any circumstance.

7. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Bush's rhetoric tries to make it sound as if bombing and invasion are the *only* options, just like Israel's recent Lebanon adventure.

Think we'll be in Tehran by '08?

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Yeah we will be in Iran and the Neocons will use it as a excuse to keep George or should I say Dick in Power.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Ha! Silly zim. Um, no. That was the plan all along, from what we've heard. Move from Iraq to Syria to Iran. Even after they've screwed up Iraq and never did finish up in Afghanistan, I'm afraid they're still going to try. Approval ratings be damned.

10. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Then I guess sticking your hand in a running garbage disposal wouldn't be a crisis either.

Just really poor judgement.