Group texts slows phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antiv6, Nov 27, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Since I've had my launch iphone 5 16gb Verizon I've only revived 2 group texts and each time my phone is extremely sluggish when opening the text app or looking at the texts or even when not in the app when I get a new text in a group message it slows down a lot, even freezes sometimes. Has this happened to anyone else? Normal texts and iMessage are fine. The first group text was 17 people and recently was 3. Neither were getting tons of messages or anything, just one every few mins. But both slowed the phone till I deleted the text thread.

2. macrumors 6502

I've noticed a slight stutter on my 4S when opening a new group text that comes in. Never had any complete freezing or anything major though.

3. macrumors 6502a

Mine does the same thing. New iphone 5. I have it synced with my iPad and wondering if because messages are being received at both locations would have something to do with it.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

mines only my phone and no other devices so that cant be the case. My gf's phone also slows down for group texts. My iphone 4 handled them perfectly.

5. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I received group text last night and didn't have any issues.

6. macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Do a ton of group text.. no issues

are they from iPhone iMessages or through actual SMS like with android or windows phones users?

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

imessage for the most recent one and the first one with many people probably was both