Group Wants to Secede

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by numediaman, May 24, 2004.

1. numediaman macrumors 6502a

I think this group needs to be supported:

ChristianExodus.org has been established to coordinate the move of 50,000 or more Christians to a single conservative state in the U.S. for the express purpose of reestablishing constitutional governance. It is evident that our Constitution has been abandoned under our current federal system. The efforts of Christian activism have proven futile over the past five decades and, whereas desperate times require desperate measures, we are now in the most desperate of times. The federal government is considering whether marriage, the foundation of civilization since Creation, should be reserved solely to a man and a woman. Christians must now draw a line in the sand and unite in a sovereign state to dissolve our bond with the current union comprised as the United States of America.

The success of ChristianExodus.org will lead to an independent Christian nation where people may once again worship God under the protection of a friendly government. In addition, such a nation will be free of burdensome taxation and federal meddling in local affairs. Matter of factly, the liberties we have lost to liberalism over the past century will be restored in one fell swoop.

The Problem

Christians have actively tried to return our entire land to its moral foundation for more than 20 years. We can categorically say that absolutely nothing has been achieved. If you disagree, consider this:

• Abortion continues against the wishes of many States

• Children may not pray in our schools

• The Bible is not welcome in schools except under strict FEDERAL guidelines

• The 10 Commandments remain banned from public display

• Sodomy is now legal AND celebrated as “diversity” rather than perversion

• Preaching Christianity will soon be outlawed as “hate speech”

• Gay marriage will be foisted upon us in the very near future

All these atrocities continue in spite of the fact that we now have the “right” people in places of power. Indeed, the occupant of the White House is a professing Christian. The U.S. Attorney General is believed to be a devout Christian. “Conservatives” control both Houses of Congress, and Republican presidents appointed seven of the nine Supreme Court justices. Christian activists placed the right party in power, but are we now witnessing the return to moral and constitutional government that we have demanded for so long?

No, we are not, and we never will. More than fifty-three million people voted for pro-abortion, pro-gay candidates in the 2000 presidential election. That number will undoubtedly grow each year as Hollywood, MTv and universities turn out liberals faster than our churches can produce converts. Redemption of all 50 American States and their general government is totally impossible.

The Solution

So what can be done? ChristianExodus.org offers the opportunity to try a strategy not yet employed by Bible-believing Christians. Rather than spend resources in continued efforts to redirect the entire nation, we will redeem States one at a time. Millions of Christian conservatives exist, but we are geographically spread out and diluted at the national level. Therefore, we must concentrate our numbers in a geographical region with a sovereign government we can control through the electoral process.

ChristianExodus.org is orchestrating the move of 50,000 or more Christians to one of three States for the express purpose of dissolving that State’s bond with the union. The three States under consideration are Alabama, Mississippi and South Carolina. The exact destination will be chosen by vote of our membership. Our move will commence when the federal government forces sodomite marriages on our local communities or once we reach the 50,000-member mark, whichever comes first.

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

can't say i'd miss 'em. i vote they take texas, too.

how long do we think until they nuke something?

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Great, just take one of those red states and secede with it before November! :eek:

4. dopefiend macrumors 6502

And what is your problem with Texas?

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I hear Iraq is nice this time of year...they could be an independent 'peacekeeping' force...and help build a theocracy from the ground up...provide an example of cooperation and tolerance for the whole Middle East...

6. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I was going to suggest they pool all there money together and buy and island somewhere. Groups who want to adjust the constitution according to their own personal beliefs can go elsewhere. :p

7. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a group has been reading about the FreeStateProject website.

8. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

If they obtain WMD they will be invaded and taken over by the US :p

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

"Here's your hat, what's your hurry?" -- Anon

"Just when I tell you to go, you leave me!" -- Groucho Marx

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

They could all move to Texas and the rest of the country could close the borders. There is plenty of room for separatists there. Besides, would it be so much different?

11. dopefiend macrumors 6502

Uh, yea.

Never been to Texas have you?

12. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Yeah, zim; I, also, think Texas oughta get kicked out of the Union. It'd serve us right!

Don't throw this ol' rabbit into that briar patch! Please, please don't!

:D:D:D

'Rat

"$100 oil? I'd smile, all the way to the bank."--Midland-Odessa workforce.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Just take Dubya with you.... that's all I ask.

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Yes, I have. I'd be glad to never have to return there too. In fact, i've been to 40+ states now.

15. dopefiend macrumors 6502

K, then don't :p

I love it and wouldn't want any kind of people like that inside my beautiful state. ;)

16. IIvan macrumors regular

I thought that the conservative media labeled liberals as factionists. Damn- Im sure this would be ok with them though.

And me too...I vote for Mississippi- they can have it.

17. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

1) you can have it
    2) please secede

18. dopefiend macrumors 6502

Would if I could, just for you. ;)

19. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Is it just me or is this conversation a little insulting to people that were born and raised in one of those states? It is also a little troubling that some ultra right wing group, actually radical would propose this. It will never happen. It is BS, and like I said, they are insulting those states, and you guys are going along with it. Unreal. :(

20. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

seriously, i think the US is too big w/ too many competing interests to survive. some kind of split is inevitable, imo. the biggest divisions i see occur between the cities and the country, but division along such lines would be a gerrymandering debacle.

so the idea that a large group of idealists would migrate and secede is a great idea, imo. especially if it means christian fundamentalists heading south, seceding, and ending their influence on my politics. glorious!

21. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

So, could I say the same thing about all the liberals heading north, seceeding, and then no longer influencing my politics. Man, that is tollerance. That is open mindedness.

I thought the foundation of this country was for us to listen, and learn from one another. I thought it was to grow as a country through diversity.
    ;)

22. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

no, you're right to be insulted. and though i slacked off on alabama, i do have friends there who wouldn't be terribly happy w/ such an arrangement.

i've the "luxury" of living in illinois, which i don't think any large group of fundamentalists would put on their top 25, so it's easy for me to sit here and decide which states are leaving. it's all tongue in cheek, though, my first paragraph above excepted.

23. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

yes, you're right on both counts.

however, i think there are movements in this country to stop tolerating and stop growing. being anti-gay and anti-gay marriage are just two examples.

when i say that there are fundamental (no pun intended) differences in how americans think the country should be run, and i don't think it's possible to overcome them, i'm serious.

and to put a fine point on it, anyone who really wants the US gov't to merge church and state are living in the wrong country.

24. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, I agree up to a point. Personally, I think the gay marriage thing should be a state issue. I think the Fed's have no right to define the marriage laws of the states. As for church and state. I think that is the most overplayed phrase in the world. I want God in the pledge, and if people want to pray for the safety of kids at a football game, big deal. So, I agree with your premise, but not all examples.

25. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I have. It is scary. I would *never* live there and when I had to drive through it 2x I wanted to get through it as fast as possilbe. *shivers*