Grr., Evil Halo 1.05 update!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by aethier, Aug 9, 2004.

1. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

Hello fellow mac gamers...

well here i was updating halo from version 1.02 to 1.03 to 1.04, to 1.05, to get whatever updates, and to be able to play with my pc friends who have 1.05.

well when i went to continue my campaign instead of starting me at the area right before the end of the game where i was in 1.02, it started me in the freakin' room where the floating round thing, tells you he is bad, and all the airplane thingy's star shooting their lazers at you... :(:(:(

just wondering if this has happened to others, and if so if there is a way to fix this sad situation...

thanks

aethier

2. TheGimp macrumors 6502

You should have searched the web before you applying a mac update. Go to macgamefiles.com and read the reviews on 1.05. The cloak device freezes the system and the framerates are down considerably. Macsoft did it on purpose to punish the Mac community for pirating Halo.

3. aethier thread starter macrumors 6502a

aethier

So there is no way to get my precious saved games back?

why they hell would they do that, christ it is not my fault they have poor copy protection, and sell ****y coded game that nobody even wants to buy, yet i buy it and suffer. grr.

aethier

ps: i didn't search the web as i figured a copy such as them, would not do something like that, but i guess i was wrong

4. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

If you are desperate, try to locate which file has saved data in it. Then back it up, uninstall, reinstall to version that worked, and replace that file. I'm thinking that perhaps "info.nib", "objects.xib", or perhaps "classes.nib" could contail your saved game data. To get to these you need to Show the package contents of Halo.nib Just fool around with it if you've got nothing to lose. But make sure that you make a backup of the files mess with which you think might contail your saved data. I am pretty sure that it's one of these file(s) listed above. Hope this helps. Post if you figure it out.

5. aethier thread starter macrumors 6502a

aethier

cool, thanks converted, i shall try your advice, i will revert to 1.02, and look around at the files. i will keep you posted

aethier

6. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Hmmmmmm.....I updated Halo to 1.05 before I even started playing the game. So MacSoft slowed down the Halo framerates to punish people for pirating Halo? What about us who payed our money for the game? We don't deserve slow framerates!

7. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

I can't believe i am so stupid. I just found where Halo saves your games. It's in your home directory in the halo folder. If you want to back up your saved games and delete/reinstall, that where the saved games are. Sorry about the earlier post. Check your home folder...

8. Van Helsing macrumors newbie

You are soooooooo wrong

You are sooo wrong you've gone off the scale:eek:. I e-mailed Macsoft about why HALO was playing up and that maybe it was them punishing the pirates but they replied saying why would they bother wasting money to upset the majority of people who bought HALO just because of a few stupid pirates:confused: . AND IN 1.05 IF YOU DONT HAVE THE HALO CD YOUR SCREWED BECAUSE YOU NEED THE CD AND CD-KEY TO PLAY IT.:D