grrr.. Limited Mac games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jeffx342, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Jeffx342 macrumors regular

I am a switcher myself, I baught a new 17inch Powerbook and its absolutly awesome! One thing there is not enough mac games, why do mac's always get the short end of the stick. It just takes too long to port games. Plus its cut-off with black bars on each side of the screen. I hope this will change in the near future. Does anyone else get frustrated on waiting for games for mac that have been on Pc for many months? example: Ut2k3

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i stopped getting frustrated once i got a pc. now i am sitting here playing planetside and its great. it does get very annoying but that is one of the big downers about macs, hardly any games.

iJon

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Tell me do you think saying "once i got a PC" to a person who JUST switched is good advice? (sorry for ranting, just not good)
    Yes, UT2K3 is taking a while, but we are getting there. You just get some better performance by waiting. Atleast we get this game and they aren't porting it baddly. The black bars I have only seen in my copy of WCIII... tho I don't play every game. Widescreen games aren't done too often.

edit: we get Major games, our of the top 10 games sold last year we had all of them. Out of top 15 we had 14. So we aren't that bad off.

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

its not like im waving a beer in front of an alcoholic. i am a die hard mac user, ive been around macs since i was 4, thats when i got my first mac. but when it comes to games there is no dening it. i dont want to argue about it, ive done it on to many threads. if you want to play warcraft 3 and harry potter your set.

iJon

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

10/10 Top Games = 100%
    14/15 Top Games = 93.3(repeating)%

Just in case... top 10 games...

6. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

The more of us that switch, the more games there will be.

I just got off of a stint of UT on my TiBook. It plays 10x better than my PC. (Of course the hardware is better but who is counting.. :) )

I am ready for UT2K3!

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well im sure our friend jeff here is glad to hear that all sims and tycoons games are for macs. when it comes to most games we get shafted, people on this site still havent learned that there are more games then maxis and blizzard. what about battlefield, planetside, nolf 2, americas army, mafia, galaxies, freelancer, asherons call 2, unreal 2, splinter cell, rainbow six raven sheild, atitd, and i wont leave out the 4 year old game cs that most of love. if we have so many games, how come you never hear about macs a e3. go look at the e3 list and see which ones are coming to mac, NONE

iJon

8. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

i know what you mean, all my pc s are linux, but one. On that i play fs 20002. a really good game of m$.
    Is n t there anything like winex aviable for mac? Would be cool.
    [​IMG]

9. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

While occassionally frustrated by the lack of games, it's like being upset that you're new luxury sports car lacks a comfortable back seat - if you didn't know it coming into the bargain, you have no one to blame but yourself. Do I miss C&C? Sure. Do I think for a minute of giving up FCP, iLife, my Cinema Display and going back? No way. If I want games, I've got an Xbox and GameCube.

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

gaming and macs just don't go together. Well, they can go
    together quite nicely, but PCs will (hopefull not always) be better
    when it comes to games. But if you are like me, and prefer
    starcraft to any new game out there, then you are in luck. ;)

11. cubist macrumors 68020

What do you mean?

I've just had an enjoyable couple of hours with Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds; a friend and I have been playing Master of Orion III over the Internet. I also have CivIII and Age of Empires II if I feel like playing those. I don't like first-person shooters, but you can get RTCW and MOHAA.

It's true, there are not many flight or racing sims on the Mac. But I think that'll change with time.

C&C? I thought those were available for Mac... could've sworn I played a demo somewhere along the line...

12. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

I'm sure a lot of games will be made for mac over time. There are a lot of PC users switching so maybe some gaming companies will start realizing this and create games for the mac, or release a PC and mac version on one cd like war3 did (I think).:cool:

13. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

with our lack of direct x 9 its more trouble than its worth to get more games, if microsoft released it for linux we would be set, but that wont happen because that would make microsoft lose one of their shining places in computers, and that is games.

iJon