Grrr. Need iPod Hard Drive Help

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jaw04005, Jul 24, 2004.

1. jaw04005
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

jaw04005

My ipod just decided to die a few days ago. All I can get is that Apple logo to show up. I have already tried restoring the iPod software, but still nothing. I also tried using the system diagnostic utility to check the status of the hard drive. I get the icon that shows the hard drive has problems and will repair on next boot (according to ipodlounge). Anyways, it works perfectly fine in Disk Mode. I have successfully copied several large files and transferred them to my iMac several times without corruption. I think it may be a problem with the partition structure instead of the hard drive itself. I tried using Disk Utility and repairing the Ipod's hard drive, DU says the volume iPod appears to be OK. Can I use Disk Utility to erase the hard drive, and then use the iPod Software Updater to restore? Thanks!

2. JOD8FY
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I would give it a try and see what happens. Otherwise, take it to an Apple store to have someone look at it.

Good luck,
    JOD8FY

3. jaw04005
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 601

jaw04005

Not under warranty, and Apple wants over $200 to repair it. I would rather get a newer iPod than have them repair it for $200. Is there a place where you can sell your ipod for parts?