Grrr... Shapeshifter won't restore aqua!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bluebull, Jul 12, 2004.

1. bluebull macrumors member

Jul 7, 2003
    I downloaded the demo version of Shapeshifter for 10.2.8 on my iMac (it's running 10.2.8) and applied the included theme. I logged out and logged back in, and it was kind of like half of the theme and half aqua. Some apps had changed and others hadn't.

Then I decided I didn't even like that theme so I downloaded Shinobi for 10.2.8. I applied and restarted several times, and all it did was morph into some kind of hybrid between the two themes.

So I decided to restore aqua. It hasn't restored at all. In fact, it is now completely Shinobi, but Shapeshifter is set to aqua.

My question is how can I get back to aqua? I've already tried restarting. If all else fails, when the demo expires in 15 days, will it change back?

2. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    you should just be able to disable ShapeShifter, turn it off completely. that should bring back Aqua.

or else when SS trial ends it should just revert to Aqua, or else you've just magically got yourself a cracked version of SS! :D

i'm not sure about 10.2.8 though, are you supposed to use the latest version of SS with that? or are there some incompatibilities? if you need an earlier version, i've got them around here somewhere...