Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h4lp m3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
New Orleans
I'm crunching some serious numbers here. I'm doing sales tax so it's 500 entries of nothing but 10.99+56.45+67+151.10+56.54+89.97... You get the picture.

Anyway, on a lucky day, I'll get halfway threw the invoices before I mess up but other times I have butter fingers and mess up every 50 pages or so. At this point, I WISH I could bust a command+z and go back to the last entry, but I can't cause stupit iCalculator or whatever won't let me.

In the real world they use those things with the paper rolls, so they can see exactly what they added up and if they made an error. Is there any visual app that simulates one of those?

BTW, I met this girl. Her name's Inga and she's from Sweden and she fell in love with her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DgO6Ttn7rU

macmongral

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2011
stop messing with a calc use a spread sheet like numbers cheap from app store

then you can see what you are doing and check back

Simples

kevin2i

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2011
Know the App!

I'm crunching some serious numbers here. . . .

In the real world they use those things with the paper rolls, so they can see exactly what they added up and if they made an error. Is there any visual app that simulates one of those?

BTW, I met this girl. Her name's Inga . . .

STOP thinking about Inga, and learn the app . . .:rolleyes:

Cmd+T
papertape.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.