Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh2022

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
My little cuz's were over lastnight and i dont know what they had, but they scratched the hell outta my Powermac (G5) case, before i kill them, is there any places to get a new replacement case? I can do all the transfering.. Or could i pay apple to do it or something? IDK what to do.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Josh2022 said:
My little cuz's were over lastnight and i dont know what they had, but they scratched the hell outta my Powermac (G5) case, before i kill them, is there any places to get a new replacement case? I can do all the transfering.. Or could i pay apple to do it or something? IDK what to do.
Lil' rascals.

I bet it would be an expensive job to have Apple replace it. I think you should accept that it's scratch, and know that you have the ONLY PM G5 with that design on it.

Truly Unique.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Could you buff it with steel wool or some such? You'd need to do the whole case for a uniform appearance - or at least both sides and top - but it'd be essentially free.

Josh2022

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
Hmm, ill try to take a picture i dont know if it will come out with the Bright flash on my camera, but basicially its on the side with the apple on it, theres a scratch above and 2 below the apple. For the left of me, i cant figure out what they used though. One is 3, and the other is 4. My PM is no longer sexified :(

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
i feel for you, that is unbelievably annoying.

I recently scratched my powerbook, but thankfully its only an inch long on the bottom, so i dont often see it.

But what's happened to your power mac seems major, i dont think id be able to work properly for a day if the scratch ive obtained was any bigger.

Looks like you need a lock on the door, and when they are older with whatever computers they have, fit a needle into the end of your walking stick, and remind them just what they did, all of those years ago!

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Lock the doors next time. I hate cousins. They are the scourge of the earth.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Lacero said:
Lock the doors next time. I hate cousins. They are the scourge of the earth.
Except the day they turn 18 with a D-cup, and aren't first cousins... :p

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Sun Baked said:
Except the day they turn 18 with a D-cup, and aren't first cousins... :p

It's still wrong.

What part did they scratch? If it was the door, you could get an aftermarket replacement.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
rickvanr said:
It's still wrong.

What part did they scratch? If it was the door, you could get an aftermarket replacement.
I guess that's why the US states allow it then.

We're all barbarians down here in the US. ;)

Josh2022

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
LoL, i just noticed both sides of my mac have an apple on them o_O and its the non-door part, its the accucial case :-\

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
mikemodena said:
I'm guessing Sun Baked is somewhere in the vicinity of West Virginia. :D :p
Sticking up for the rather close family lines on the site, they would take great offense to Lacero's hate towards cousins. :p

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Sun Baked said:
Sticking up for the rather close family lines on the site, they would take great offense to Lacero's hate towards cousins. :p
You know what they say up there in WV... "If she ain't good enough fer her family, she fer damn sure ain't good enough fer our'n." ;)

On-topic: I sympathize with your plight... repairing damage to the outer case of a laptop or desktop (first I've ever heard of THIS happening) is not easy. Surely the case can be replaced? Doesn't Apple sell it as a part?

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
This is a little off topic, but I don't understand how some people think the new aluminum PB's are not rugged. My 12'' has pretty much zero scratches on it, it is almost impossible to scratch it under normal use. On the other hand, my old white iBook was so scratched on the bottom you could barely read the legal writing on it. My PB also feels much more sturdy and the hinge is more secure.

Anyways, that was me ranting.

Back to the topic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.