Grrrrrrrrr...nothing is working today!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Greencardman, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Greencardman macrumors 6502

Man, I have the worst luck! Grrrrrrr I'm freaking frsutrated! Anyways, got the Belkin F5D7000 Wireless Desktop Card, which everyone says works on older macs. Even Belkin says it works on thier website. Doesn't show up in my G4. Called Belkin, they say its not supported. I guess older versions work, but they can't tell me what those version numbers are.

Photoshop CS won't stop telling me my scratch disks are full, even though its set to use a 120 G drive, and Patchburn recognized my CD burner, but still can't burn anything from it. Grrrrrrrrr.

Ok, can't really complain about that last one, cause it at least got Panther to recognize I had a cd burner, and whoever makes it tries really hard, but still, I'm so frustrated! Ok, sorry had to vent. I'm going to post the belkin thing in a new thread, but anyone have experience with Patchburn? Or CS scratch disk solutions>

2. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, one thing works

I do have to point out that one thing is making me smile, and thats Butler, formerly "Another Launcher." Dang that thing is so cool, I love it! It really works well, although I don't use shortcuts or screen corners yet, just having google search in your menubar, and being able to browse all bookmarks from all your browsers and open all apps, setting etc from the menu bar just rocks. Check it out folks, its amazing.

3. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502

Things on on thier way up!

Ha, I entertain myself. I went into expert mode for patchburn and checked a box for fun, cayse it seemed like it would do something, and it did. Burning works great out of iTunes (only thing I checked so far). Not sure if an old version of Toast that runs in classic will work, but hey, I can't complain. Its a Polaroid CD burner that I had in my old PC that I got for $30 at Office Max (ha! didn't even think Polaroid made CD burners, did ya!) So my dearest thannks to Christian Moeller and Patchburn: Available at

http://www.patchburn.de/index.html

P.S. Does anyone know where I can find the listing of drives that work? I remember there was a whole list of drives that people were trying to get to work with a Mac, and I wanted to add mine to the list and what I used to get it working. Thats how I found patchburn, but I can't find it anymore.

4. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

Check out the site www.xlr8yourmac.com and go to the drives database, thinks that what you are looking for.

5. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502