GTA: Liberty City Stories Site Launch

Discussion in 'Games' started by Phat_Pat, Sep 10, 2005.

1. macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

The LCS site has launched here

The Site Includes info, pics, and a first, Movies (Check the e-mails)

The Game Looks Absolutely Amazing, what do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Game comes out 10.25.05

2. macrumors 6502a

vouder17

I would love this game. This Gaming franchise is the reason why i play games. I absolutely love it!!! I am considering buying a PSP just to play this game it looks awesome!!

3. macrumors Core

Dagless

it looks alright. i really liked Vice City until it got tedious just after unlocking the 2nd island so i'd call myself a player of the series i suppose. however i hear in this one you start off as a big time gangster so there's no building up, which i thought was the best part of the series. also a bit curious to how they're going to fit all the music on there, that was a huge part of the GTA series. apparently (from an interview about the Xbox and PC ports of Vice City) part of the reason they didn't bring it to the Gamecube was because of limitations of the mini DVD's.

I dont think it will even contend with its big console brethren. but it might be a cool little game. Rockstar said they had specifically made the missions smaller to be playable on a portable system, which is good. much better than San Andreas's "run to the furthest part of the map to do a minor choir and then come back with pointless minigames and junk along the way!" i say.

Juries still out here. but if this is the PSP's killer app i'll probably plop down the cash for a PSP after xmas.

Edit: hope they fix the bugs in the engine too :( that really killed the Xbox games for me. made it feel cheap.

4. macrumors 6502

They might have said that size limitations was the reason the game didn't come to gamecube in the interviews, but I don't see how that could have actually been true. On Xbox, the game is only about 1.2 GBs, and on PC you needed less than a GB of space. Gamecube's discs can easily handle that much space, even if it would have to be slightly bigger due to being unable to handle that much video compression.

5. macrumors 6502a

I hate being the contrarian, but the franchise and concept are washed up. After Vice City and San Andreas, who really needs another one. Rockstar is really milking this one completely dry. As tumbleweed.

6. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Woo Hoo! Bring it on! Is that release date international or US only?

7. macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

This and GT4 Mobile are the first of the major killer apps for the PSP.

Robbie, I've seen Friday 14th October as a release date in quite a few shops?

8. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Amazon (UK) and gameplay seem to agree with that. It could always slip, but that's still looking like a good date. I wonder if I'll need to pre-order like I did with San-Andreas?

9. macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Depends, but it can't do any harm. £29.99 at Amazon is the best price you'll probably see as well.

10. macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I can't wait for this game to come out...I haven't really been using my PSP because there aren't really any good games but once this comes out, I know I will be using it a lot more.

11. macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I didn't know you got to sing in San Andreas. ;)

12. macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Finally the PSP will get a game that moves systems. I agree that the GTA franchise is in serious need of a refresh/overhaul. But, this new game offers an unprecedented level of immersion for a handheld.

With the 360, Rev, PS3, and DS games coming soon I just don't see myself having the extra money for a PSP. Unfortunately, Sony's handheld came a year too late for it to sell really well.

13. thread starter macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

I know. In the past two months literally NOTHING has come out for the system. Thankfully burnout comes out on tuesday... that should hold me off until GTA comes out. :p