GTA Liberty City Stories

Discussion in 'Games' started by carpe diem, Oct 3, 2005.

1. carpe diem macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2005
    25 Days till GTA for PSP, and its multiplayer. I think its a game all PSP owners will be getting. Apparently the world is three islands with one unlocked at the beggining. Its going to be amazing.
    Who here is getting it?
  2. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    i dont know about that. dont you need the latest firmware to play it? and in term wouldn't that block out the homebrew?

and no ;) my mate Conroy down the road imported his PSP and would rather play Vice City on his fairly large TV than on his PSP.

i'm a little reserved about it. GTA games have been losing their quality after each incarnation. and this one totally flips the game on its head. no more improving to become the top dog. you already are top dog! and the missions are supposed to be really short.
    i think people are just getting excited about this because its says GTA in the title.
    my 2p.
  3. risc macrumors 68030

Jul 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    I own a PSP and to be honest I found GTA:SA offensive it was the first GTA game I've played, I've got no interest in this game. So count 1 PSP user out of your "all PSP owners will be getting" list.
  4. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    i'm usually against ports but if they did port Vice City but with a much bigger map i'd be excited.

anyone heard about the multiplayer on this? obviously there's no single-pak game sharing, you need 6 other GTA: Watered Down Port players around you. no less. or so reports are saying.

Rockstar also claim the battery life is 4 hours for this -_-

This is typical. this first game will be terrible but i can foresee a stunning GTA PSP game coming out in a year or so.
  5. Pyrus macrumors member

Jun 22, 2005
    Liberty City Stories isn't a port, it's got more stuff in it than the original GTA3 had, taken from Vice City and San Andreas such as the better targeting system and the ability to drive motorbikes.
  6. ipacmm macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    I will check out the game when it comes out, but I don't know yet if I am going to buy it or not. I don't know how it will look on such a small screen compared to the normal PS2 version.
  7. Xenious macrumors 6502a

Mar 22, 2004
    Texas, USA
    I'm down with it. This will be my first GTA. Since I bought my PSP to play..well...PSP designed games I've got the lastest firmware and I'm good to go. ;)
  8. huck500 macrumors 6502

May 10, 2004
    Southern California

There's already software that makes a UMD game think you're running 2.00 on your 1.5 or 1.0, so I'm sure there'll be a way around updating your firmware for GTA. I'll be getting it, if only to ride 'cycles in Liberty City...I used to spend hours taking the fastest car off the jump under the Callahan bridge...I once hit the underside of the bridge...pointless fun! :D

Edit: A port is a game that is moved intact from one system to another...maybe with a couple of extra levels to make it attractive. This game is set in a previous city but with an all-new story, missions, voice acting, etc. Not a port.
  9. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

Dec 29, 2004
    The Wood of Spots, NJ
    I had no interest in this game at all..... until I read about the multiplayer- that just sounds friggin awesome. Check out hands on impressions at - seems very cool indeed. I just wish it was in the Vice City era- best characters and whatnot by far!
  10. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    This game looks AWESOME!

GTA is a very fun game itself - personally, I like starting new games, playing them, stocking up on weapons, saving, and quitting. Then, you load the game and shoot and kill random people and make money and run from the cops, loose your wanted rating, and do it all again!

SO much better than all the missions.