1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

GTA V New Info...

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by boy-better-know, Nov 8, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

2. macrumors regular

I think it looks very promising! I hope they improve the driving mechanics. The cars in IV simply were not much fun.

3. macrumors regular

The new trailer looks pretty amazing. The game definitely has my full attention now!

4. macrumors 65816

It will be the same as all the other GTA games.

TBH if im sitting ignoring my text messages to play a game, why do I want to then have to answer text messages from 'Ho's' within the game?

5. macrumors regular

Oh, so you've played it? :p

There are several things that I would like to see improved over IV. But in general, as long as they provide a fun, diverse sandbox to play in, I'll probably pick it up at some point.

6. macrumors 65816

Same story, different sandbox I reckon.

7. macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Trailer looks amazing, really can't wait for this.
    However, its release will be around the same time as my final uni exams and hand in dates.

8. macrumors 6502

GTA 5 new details: Character switching, skill systems and more

*nerdgasm*

9. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Very interesting, hopefully its fun because GTA IV wasn't. Having three different characters should change up the pace. I'm looking forward to it.

Bless

10. macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

This and Watchdogs are must buys for me

All those LA locales look ridiculously accurate. I want to land a plane on the Venice boardwalk

11. macrumors Core

Dagless

It all looks amazing. I can't decide what platform to get it on though - PC for better graphics, higher res, quicker load times. Current gen consoles because they've actually been announced, but will be low FPS and low res. Next gen consoles because POWER.

(and of course it'll be coming out on all these machines, it's Rockstar after all)

12. macrumors 6502

X2, although I'm more excited for Watch Dogs.

13. macrumors 6502

Possible Special Edition!

- SteelBook with exclusive Artwork
    - World map
    - Stunt-Planes challenges
    - Online-Store concessions
    - Bonus outfits
    - Bonus Tattoos
    - Special Abilities Booster
    - Exclusive weapons

http://mp1st.com/2013/05/06/grand-t...editions-spotted-on-german-retailer-listings/

14. macrumors regular

All those trailers and screenshots sure look pretty.

Then again, GTA4 trailers and screenshots looked amazing as well...when I finally got a chance to play it, the actual game graphics were rather sobering.

We'll see how this turns out. I'm pretty much done buying games when they launch, so I'll have some time to assess the situation before I spend my money. :)

15. macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd be interested to know if those trailers were filmed from a PC version, as most multiplatform games are these days.

16. macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

if they manage to improve the graphics for GTAV as much as they did from GTA3 to GTASA (on the same platform) then I will be impressed.

To be honest, I am not concerned, It is going to be an awesome game, I can just tell.

17. macrumors Core

Dagless

The animations look leaps better, which is great for the kind of game GTA is. IV was (visually) good enough but the animations show their age.

18. macrumors 6502a

skottichan

While I'm still more a Saints Row fan, I'll probably get this. I just kinda wish one of the 3 protagonists was female. That's just me I'm sure.

19. macrumors Core

Dagless

So the gameplay trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI
    I was blown back by the character switching gameplay. That's really going to make things fun! As soon as they said that was running on PS3 hardware I preordered it, thought I'd wait for a PS4 or PC version but the gameplay trailer looked good enough.

Only 2 months off :)

20. macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Yep it looked so good. I just wonder how much control we have over player switching. If we have to use our own initiative then that is awesome.

Either way, it looks really good, V. excited.

21. macrumors Core

Dagless

That's exactly my concern too! BUT having watched the vid a few times I think you can switch characters at any point. Reasons you ask?
    - why limit it?
    - AI seems smart enough
    - there was no indicator asking to switch
    - it's been said you can switch at any point during gameplay, no reason to block that during missions

Ahhhh I can't wait for this! It looks like a perfect evolution of the sandbox genre and not just "serious GTA in HD".