Guantanamo inmates to lose all rights

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Nov 14, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

every time i think i can't be more ashamed...

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

This is what millions died for in WW2? Someone really should have told them.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Here comes the Police state. just slap a label on someone and presto no rights at all. America or Nazi Germany? Looks more like the Nazi's to me. Freedom ,Liberty and JUSTICE FOR ALL! Bush & Gang dont get it. America will have to spell this out to them in the next election. Torture,Secret camps & lies this is the America Bush/Cheney want. The American Police State. Sorry not in my America you NeoCons.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Apparently Jeff Bingham has introduced an amendment to the Graham bill that would strip the stripping of habeus corpus from the bill.

I wonder if it will be voted on at all; and if it is voted on I wonder who will come down on the right side of history.

Of course all we hear is that the Democrats have no plan of their own... :rolleyes:

5. Uma888 macrumors 6502

me thinks this will be like Auschwitz all over

6. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

so we already know of nine senators who are pro-torture.

and now we know 49 who are anti-habeus corpus.

who are these people and why are they in charge? why would i consent to be lead by jackasses who say, "we can arrest you, not tell you why, not give you a hearing, and torture you until you say what we want to hear."

is no one in washington paying goddamn attention!?

7. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Absolutely shameful.

They should be Tried. Not all of these inmates were found on a battlefield - something which people forget. They may have very good reasons to be where they were / their circumstances.

If they are found guilty then they get what is coming to them, NOT before.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Umm, Republicans...do you think the Founding Fathers -- whom you're so fond of speaking for -- would approve of this???

I vote we change the name from Guantanamo to something more reflective of what it really is. How about "Bush's Gulag"?

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

They had rights? How are they going to make it worse? You know what... I don't want to know.

10. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

funny how the rightys never show up on this type of thread to endorse the American right to torture prisoners of war. Maybe its because they cant blame this on Clinton.

11. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

as mentioned before Aushwitz or Bergan Belson might be good names