*Guaranteed* Next Business Day shipping?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by srxtr, Jul 21, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

I ordered on the 21st at 8AM using Guaranteed Next Business Day shipping option. My delivery date estimation is July 22-25, and hasn't been shipped yet, which suggests that I will most likely get my item on the 25th (assuming they don't do deliveries over the weekend).

I figured Guaranteed Next Business Day meant the item should arrive the very next business day, which should be the 22nd.

Am I missing something here?

2. macrumors member

It's guaranteed to SHIP NBD, not deliver.

3. bwphoto, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

macrumors member

I'm in the same boat. Can only imagine they literally meant "shipping" and not "arrival".

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

"Guaranteed delivery 1 business day after product is available."

Taken from their description @ apple.com. We can argue about the "after product is available" part, but I think it's safe to assume the product is definitely available (unless out of stock, but I don't think they are)

5. macrumors member

I always took it as guaranteed once it has been shipped. So once you get a shipping notice

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm sad :(

I was so bored yesterday, was very tempted to cancel my online order and buy it from the store.

Looks like I may have a boring weekend... I guess I'll just have to go to the movies with my wife or something.